Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props to Darrell Green from a rival fan......

Tom [Giants fan]

Mark Ingram, Bobby Johnson, Phil McConkey, Mark Bavaro, Ed McCaffrey, Stephen Baker, Amani Toomer, Ike Hillliard, Chris Calloway, Lionel Manuel, and I am sure there are others that I can't think of right now. What do all these guys have in common? They are all former or current Giants who Darrell Green has shut down at one point or another during his career. These are my memories of DG, twice a year shutting down some of my favorite ex-Giants and current Giants. He has definitely been a shutdown corner most of his career. I will be sorry to see him go because if you were a football fan, you could not help but admire what he brought to a game.

How about these names? Scott Brunner, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Dave Brown, Danny Kanell, Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham, and Kerry Collins. All guys I am sure DG has picked off or had them not wanting to throw his way. Darrell Green is truly one of the all time not only defensive backs of all time but players of all time.

As I said, I will hate to see him go because of the football fan in me but at the same time, the Giant fan in me isn't so sad that he is retiring. But I am glad I got to see him play for the last 20 years. So, here is to you Darrell Green. :cheers: May your retirement be as fulfilling for you as it has been for us to watch you play the game of football!!! :cheers:

Archived