Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, I don't have to complain about the officiating....

Tom [Giants fan]

The two holding calls negating Giants' TD's were bogus calls. There was no holding on either of those calls. The refs screwed the Giants out of two TD's. But, they may have missed a holding call on Short on the same play Williams got the INT. And, they gave the Giants 15 yards on a questionable unsportsmanlike penalty where Darryl Jones may have played it up a bit more than it was. Either way, it's playoff time baby!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the congrats. Now I have to wonder whether I want the Eagles or Packers to have homefield. If the Giants do get past the first week, I think the Giants would have a better chance winning in Philly than in Green Bay. Ohhhhh, who cares. Wherever the Giants play, I'll just be happy.

By the way, I LOVE JEREMY SHOCKEY!!!!!!

Good luck against the Cowboys tomorrow. I really hope you guys end that streak!!!

Congrats on the win, Tom. I know you must be ecstatic.

That was a great game. In reality, you all should have had a fairly easy win today. It has to be somewhat comforting -- though frustrating -- knowing you beat arguably the best team in the league despite playing a poor game.

And that Jeremy Shockey is amazing. He talks all that crap about their secondary full of 3 Pro Bowlers and went out and abused each and everyone of them.

Truth be told, Tom, that old officiating excuse might not have worked too well anyway. Any team that has that many fumbles, interceptions and missed FGs shouldn't look to the refs to explain a loss ... even if there WERE some bad calls. And I've said the same thing to members of this board b!tching about the refs after one of the Skins bad games, too. :)

It's a good thing you won and don't have to be concerned with it.

Oh well, life goes on. I hope. It was an ugly game. I think this goes to show the Eagles not really how much they need McNabb necessarily but *gasp* how much they need Pinkston. When Freddie Mitchell has 3 more catches than any other WR on your team its a BAD day. There was upwards of 6 drops by the Eagles. The two holding calls were bad, but Brandon Short should have been flagged, and Troy Vincents personal foul was horrible. The game shouldn't have even gone into O.T with Akers kick. Whenever you give up 300 yards to someone on the ground you deserve to lose. Congrats Tom.

The refs started to make up for those holding calls in OT, but it never should have gotten that far.

Congrats Tom. Two terrible calls on two straight TD plays would have done in a lesser team. The Giants deserve lots of credit for hanging in there and pulling out the win.

Maybe now the East will get a little respect.

Brave,

I've seen your opinion about blaming the refs. I do agree that as professionals, these guys should not be making the kind of mistakes they did. But, when they make a mistake playing the game and executing, that is one thing. But when the refs jump in when they have absolutely nothing to do with execution of the play and cost your team points, I think it is on a different level of screwing up. I can accept my team costing themselves a game but if they are still in it like today and the refs add their two cents into screwing up and it costs my team, that I can't accept. But like I said, it all ended up evening out in the end.

Archived