Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Minus Tiki, Coughlin tries to unite locker room

InTikiITrust

I guess you didn't watch the giants and skins games, he ran away from out guys plenty of times. Those traits you mention are invaluable for a RB, but yeah the Giants won't miss him. :doh:

And he was caught from behind a lot as well. He doesn't have Tomlinson speed. Even Willie Parker speed. He was quick and shifty but was not the fastest guy on the field.

Yes it does and since we are talking about this year then once again you are screwed THIS YEAR.

Brandon Jacobs can pick up the blitz. Greatly improved in that area last year and should only improve this year.

Size and bulk are just average...Has some character concerns...Lacks great timed speed, explosiveness and a burst...Won't run away from people...Racked up stats vs average competition...Sub par blocker...Not physical or tough...Limited upside.

If the Giants nation is happy with dude as your frontline rotational back, then so am I, ecstatic actually. I said Tiki will be missed and you basically said he won't and offered up this rookie as a reason why, then you say certain aspects of Tiki's game will take time to learn. While I agree that goes against him being the answer this year.

This guy isn't the feature back. He won't get 15 carriers a game, he'll get maybe 5. Swing passes, screens, the like. And please, racked up stats against average competition, what a terrible knock. If he went to Virginia, where he was supposed to go, and put up that production, what would people say?

You still totally dismiss Tiki's contribution to your team, don't worry you will be by week 4. Big backs don't last long in the NFL and they are not some new twist the giants have found to confuse the D. Most of the bruiser style backs have had that good scat back with them. The formula is simple, fast guy wears them out > big guy runs over them. You are now going to be missing the first half, Will it work, we shall see but damn dude you could try to take a little criticism of your team. We all have holes.

I know the Giants have holes, but RB isn't one of them. The Giants will run over opponents and not give them a chance to recover when Jacobs goes out and Droughns, who is also a bigger back, comes in. When Bradshaw does come in, you think teams will be refreshed? They'll be tired from tackling two 200+ pound backs 20-25 times.

And you people make it seem that big backs don't last 5 games in the NFL. Eddie George had seven, 1000+ yard seasons. Was he a bigger back? Jerome Bettis played 13 seasons and had eight 1000+ yard seasons. Yeah, big backs don't last long in the NFL, but they aren't 5 games and done.

I thought he was 270? Anyway, do you honestly think he'll get by the LB's and DL on every carry? He won't be facing CB's everytime he carries the ball.

The Giants line is vastly underrated and can make holes for Jacobs. If he gets past the defensive line, he outweights a lot of linebackers and a hell of a lot of defensive backs.

Yeah Tiki is the only problem:

And he'll be there on time.

"Following up on an item from the guys at Pro Football Talk that hinted at Michael Strahan and possibly Osi Umenyiora holding out from camp, people from both No. 92's side and the Giants' side told me a few minutes ago that they expect Strahan to be unpacking one of his stylish automobiles on Friday along with the rest of the Giants at the UAlbany dorms."

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/blog/

And he'll be there on time.

"Following up on an item from the guys at Pro Football Talk that hinted at Michael Strahan and possibly Osi Umenyiora holding out from camp, people from both No. 92's side and the Giants' side told me a few minutes ago that they expect Strahan to be unpacking one of his stylish automobiles on Friday along with the rest of the Giants at the UAlbany dorms."

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/blog/

Like Eli's 35 INTs over the past 2 years and sub-par completion percentage, you chose to ignore this little nugget:

However, everyone acknowledges that Strahan is unhappy with his contract, not thrilled with the team's offseason activity, and is a wild card who on a whim could decide not to show up.

Real team player you got going on there.

The Giants line is vastly underrated and can make holes for Jacobs. If he gets past the defensive line, he outweights a lot of linebackers and a hell of a lot of defensive backs.

Again, that is assuming he'll meet a CB on every play. It only happens once or twice a game. The interior of your line is fine, but I still don't think Deihl is the answer at LT. He looked bad against us in December. His pass blocking at LT needs ALOT of work.

Like Eli's 35 INTs over the past 2 years and sub-par completion percentage, you chose to ignore this little nugget:

Real team player you got going on there.

That's pure speculation. He "could" refuse to show up. So could Peyton manning and Clinton Portis. But both sides, both the Giants and Strahan, believe he'll be there. Even though he might be unhappy with his contract, he's made no statements to the press he'll hold out and even went through all the Giants offseason training.

Again, that is assuming he'll meet a CB on every play. It only happens once or twice a game. The interior of your line is fine, but I still don't think Deihl is the answer at LT. He looked bad against us in December. His pass blocking at LT needs ALOT of work.

He handled Trent Cole a week later.

That's pure speculation. He "could" refuse to show up. So could Peyton manning and Clinton Portis. But both sides, both the Giants and Strahan, believe he'll be there. Even though he might be unhappy with his contract, he's made no statements to the press he'll hold out and even went through all the Giants offseason training.

Yes, b/c Strahan has a record of being a model citizen I guess all's fine in New York :laugh:

He handled Trent Cole a week later.

Trent who? :laugh: :silly:

Archived