Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I would like to think that.....

fuji869

this Sunday’s game vs. Dallas will be a win for our beloved Redskins! The Cowboys have a lame duck coach who will probably be fired on Monday Morning and a team that is playing out the string.

We have a Rookie QB, a young WR Corp and 2 young RB who are hungry and want to make a name for themselves in the NFL.

But I am reminded of recent history and the 10 game losing streak, 2 games come to mind for me.

2000 @ JKC Stadium Mr. Snyder's Dream team take the field on MNF in front of a National TV audience and lose the Cowboy with Randall Cunningham qt QB. :doh:

2001 @ JKC Stadium we are on a 5 game winning streak with two tuff road wins @Denver and @Philadelphia and face a Cowboy team who was all but out of the playoff race, with a rookie QB in Quincy Carter who everyone in the NFL except Jerry Jones doubted and never won an NFL Game. :gus:

As much as I would like to think this game could be the end of the streak I am reminded that this is Dallas, Emmitt Smith is still wearing a Cowboy Uniform and we have made Cowboy QBs like Jason Garrett, Anthony Wright, Quincy Carter and most recently Chad Hutchinson look like All-Pros vs. us.

This game against the Cowboys and anything can happen! :asta:

this will be an interesting game.

the Redskins outplayed Dallas for three quarters on Thanksgiving and were up 20-10. Then Wuerffel to Watson resulted in the Williams TD and the team went into a shell.

they failed to score another point in the contest.

Ramsey to me presents a different figure. He got the Skins back in competitive mode vs. the Giants and did the same thing after halftime against the Eagles.

It seems as if his presence on the field, I am talking demeanor here as much as performance, has had an effect on the veterans, keeping them energized even as the season is winding down and the games are for all intents and purposes meaningless in the standings.

Originally posted by wayne

don'tforget the opening game of the 98' season.BIGCHOKE

PS. clearout your pm's again fuji.i have 1 more to send ya.

wayne,

I emailed Diehard and let him know I can not receive PMs. I have cleared all my sent and received messages.

Can you email me?

It seems as if his presence on the field, I am talking demeanor here as much as performance, has had an effect on the veterans, keeping them energized even as the season is winding down and the games are for all intents and purposes meaningless in the standings.

I agree. The kid has a fire in his belly. The rest of the team seems to feed off his energy. :cheers:

And that energy, (call it leadership), is worth a lot.

Several people said Brad Johnson had that ability (and several Bucs players have also said it). I think I saw the difference in how the Skins played with Sonny as opposed to Kilmer.

Teams win. But some individuals have the ability to create teams.

(I'm not shure I'd crown Ramsey, yet. But there's nothing wrong with hoping.)

Archived