Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty Claus has a present for Sanders Claus!

gridironmike

How 'bout ..... you put the screws to me in DC last year, and I put the screws to you and your Oakland travel plans this year. I LOVE IT! Marty, you have a sick sense of humor. Again, I LOVE IT! I figured Shanahan would want first dibs on messing up the Raiders plans.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

DOn't know that you would call him Marty Claus for doing this, too close to Merry... Perhaps, we could call him Sadist Claus. I think this is a wonderful revenge, wonder if Dan thought this would happen? That way, he looks like the good guy and yet still allows Deion to get... err... coal in his stocking.

Justice has been served to our old friend Deion Sanders. :asta:

It is so fitting, Primetime left us because he did not want to play for an in-you-face kind of coach and that in-you-face coach picked him up off of waivers! Could not happen to a nicer guy! :laugh:

it will be interesting to see which team Sanders goes into the Hall for.

it won't be Atlanta who he boogey'ed on early in his career.

it won't be SF where he played for only one year and was detested by Steve Young and Jerry Rice.

it won't be the Redskins, whose fans and media universally revile the guy.

it will probably be the Cowboys. Even though Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith evidently had enough of Deion as well.

Deion had a lot of ability but I have to agree with Emmitt who said that Sanders 'augmented our team' but did not come here and deliver a Super Bowl' :)

Sanders was a ruthless opportunist that twice guessed right in jumping to teams that would carry him to a SB.

he guessed wrong in 2000 by thinking Washington would do the same, although he got $ 8 million to take the leap :laugh: :mad:

now, he ends his career on the Chargers reserve-retired list. So unless he wants to play for Marty in 2003, it appears we have seen the last of Mr. Sanders in uniform.

Don't get me wrong, Sanders reviles me too. I just didn't think the Redskins should have been the ones to get into a public spat with him and his lawyers regarding coming back to the NFL for the end of 2002.

We have enough issues on our team to address right now without that kind of distraction.

Thankfully, someone else did the dirty work for us :)

Originally posted by bulldog

it will probably be the Cowboys. Even though Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith evidently had enough of Deion as well.Thankfully, someone else did the dirty work for us :)

You forgot to add the Moose to the list. I heard him on an interview say that Deion caused the Down fall of the Cowboys. I know it is kind of hard to place the down fall of an aging veteran team on one person especially in the age of the salary cap when the window of opportunity for winning is so small. But that shows that to me that Johnston must of really disliked Deion for blaming him for the downfall.

The only person I know that likes him on the Cowboys in Michael Irvin.

Archived