Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will Wade Phillips and Terrell Owens get along?

tr1

T.O. is going to kill them and I love it. Phillips and Garrett won't be able to handle him. Garrett has no chance at all!! This may be the year we see T.O. ***** slap Romo sits to pee :)

but, but that was the old TO, hes a new guy now that he is finally on the Cowboy's team.

Really? Do you have a link? I believe I said his sophomore year would be his bad year, historically speaking.

BTW, the 'tour de France' bike stuff (failure to practice), 'the Player' stuff, and the ALLEGED overdose stuff doesn't count as being disruptive, does it... :doh:

T.O. was going to do this, T.O. was going to do that.

Dallas would go on a major losing streak, he would explode.

You name it.

Those other things you mentioned, I can honestly say they may have been a slight, temporary distraction, hyped up more than anything by the media, but they did not "disrupt" the team's play and performance on the field.

Not one T.O. related incident cost them anything on the field. Where it matters most.

Here's hopin'..:cheers: ..because history's shown that at least one NFC East team has derailed.

2006 Skins 5-11

2005 Eagles 6-10

2004 Giants/Skins/Boys 6-10

2003 Giants 4-12, Skins 5-11

2002 Boys 5-11

2001 Boys 5-11

2000 Cards 3-13 - wish we still had them in our div.

1999 Eagles 5-11

1998 Eagles 3-13

1997 Cards 4-12

The Eagles are due IMO.

Isn't this what everyone was saying last year about T.O. and the team? I didn't see any effect it had on the team and I don't see any effect it will have on the team this year.

To me this sounds like more hoping from opposing fans that the facts

Not one T.O. related incident cost them anything on the field. Where it matters most.

I'm sure none of the practices he missed had anything to do with his poor performance last year...or that it affected the team :rolleyes:

Isn't this what everyone was saying last year about T.O. and the team? I didn't see any effect it had on the team and I don't see any effect it will have on the team this year.

To me this sounds like more hoping from opposing fans that the facts

See, History -TO (Owens, Terrell: Eagles; 49ers.)

I'm willing to wager a beer that TO has a headline story the first week of training camp...

...anyone?...

This might be wishful thinking, but I think TO might have grown up a little bit. Things weren't going very well for him the first 6 games of the season, but he didn't get in anybody's face on the sideline, he didn't agitate for Romo sits to pee in the media, he didn't lash out at teammates or coaches. Then things got a lot better for about 6 games with Romo sits to pee, then things got pretty bad again. And the only thing TO made headlines for during that stretch was spitting on DeAngelo Hall.

Now, if at some point he attacks Romo sits to pee the same way he went after McNabb, you've got a story. But if the Cowboys see that happening, I think TO will find himself on the market as a free agent very quickly.

This might be wishful thinking, but I think TO might have grown up a little bit. Things weren't going very well for him the first 6 games of the season, but he didn't get in anybody's face on the sideline, he didn't agitate for Romo sits to pee in the media, he didn't lash out at teammates or coaches. Then things got a lot better for about 6 games with Romo sits to pee, then things got pretty bad again. And the only thing TO made headlines for during that stretch was spitting on DeAngelo Hall.

Now, if at some point he attacks Romo sits to pee the same way he went after McNabb, you've got a story. But if the Cowboys see that happening, I think TO will find himself on the market as a free agent very quickly.

The question becomes, was TO not very TO-like because he's matured, or because the tyrant BP kept him in check? Only time will tell.

See, History -TO (Owens, Terrell: Eagles; 49ers.)

I'm willing to wager a beer that TO has a headline story the first week of training camp...

...anyone?...

Ofcourse he'll be in the news, the media loves to follow this guy around but again it will have no impact on the performance of the team.

The question becomes, was TO not very TO-like because he's matured, or because the tyrant BP kept him in check? Only time will tell.

Totally agree :allhail:

Bingo.

I don't care about the Discovery Channel jersey, I don't care about the trips to the hospital, I don't care about the birthday parties. The thing I'm worried about is how TO treats his teammates and coaches on the sidelines. The first time he blows up at Phillips, Romo sits to pee, Garrett or even Sparano, I'd give him a week off. The next time he did it, I'd make him a free agent. If you watched his pattern at SF and Philly that's how it started both places.

But if the Cowboys see that happening, I think TO will find himself on the market as a free agent very quickly.

Ummm...they just gave him a huge bonus a couple of months ago. He has little to no reason to behave anymore.

My guess is that TO is getting professional help after his 'over medication' issue. It's rare that an individual who attempts to take his life doesn't get some help.

Puke fans need to hope he stays on his meds...

Hey, cheer up cowpuke fans. On the bright side... both TO and Phillips should qualify for the sr. citizens discount at Arby's. So maybe they could do a bit of bonding over a roast beef sandwich and curly fries.

Ummm...they just gave him a huge bonus a couple of months ago. He has little to no reason to behave anymore.

How huge was that bonus, tr1? If the Cowboys cut him in the middle of the year, how much dead cap space will that create in 2008?

How huge was that bonus, tr1? If the Cowboys cut him in the middle of the year, how much dead cap space will that create in 2008?

$3 million on June 1st.

But I guess that's pocket change for Jerrah, eh?

You forget, though, it's not money that TO will impact most...it's your team's psyche.

:laugh:

The bottom line is the Cowboys can cut TO with no cap implications. That wasn't the situation in San Francisco, where they were desperate to get rid of him, but wanted something in return. That wasn't the case in Philly, where they didn't want to take the cap hit or let him hit FA and end up having to play against him in 2005.

I'll just be keeping an eye on Owens on the sideline. If he behaves himself, good. If not, so long. That's it.

The bottom line is the Cowboys can cut TO with no cap implications. That wasn't the situation in San Francisco, where they were desperate to get rid of him, but wanted something in return. That wasn't the case in Philly, where they didn't want to take the cap hit or let him hit FA and end up having to play against him in 2005.

I'll just be keeping an eye on Owens on the sideline. If he behaves himself, good. If not, so long. That's it.

...and there goes the NFL's "#1 Receiving Corps" :laugh:

...and there goes the NFL's "#1 Receiving Corps" :laugh:

Riggo! Glad to see you're OK. I was starting to worry.

Yep, that would be the end of the #1 ranking in all likelihood. But I'd rather lose TO than go through what the Eagles went through in 2005. There are a lot worse things that can happen to your franchise than getting rid of a 33 year old lockerroom distraction. I'd gladly bite that bullet if I were the Cowboys.

Hopefully (for Cowboy fans), it never comes to that.

I also think TO is aware that if he ever decides he wants out of Dallas, he can punch his own ticket. We'll see.

I must be only one of the few who think Wade and TO relationship will work actaully. Phillips is a very laid back kind of guy, but i dont think he will allow the offense to work around TO. Since, Jason Garret is coming in and running a west coast/ coreyll offense this should make TO very happy. Remember when he was in these systems in San Fran and Eagles? Quick slant routes to get the ball into the hands of TO. Maybe im wrong here for some reason i just see this realtionship working....Hopefully tho most of you are right and they start to look like crap and the wheels start to fall of the wagon.

Riggo! Glad to see you're OK. I was starting to worry.

Oh I'm always here baby. Really. My job is boring - the kind robots are going to do soon.

I also think TO is aware that if he ever decides he wants out of Dallas, he can punch his own ticket. We'll see.

I dunno, I think Jones would get on his knees and slurp up whatever TO wanted. Just my opinion on that one.

Archived