Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Campo?

redskin56

This is probably not the time for this type of post, but, here goes.............................

IF Marvin Lewis leaves this off season, why not bring in Dave Campo as defensive Coordinator? As was said yesterday during the broadcast, he would make it his number one priority to beat the Dallas Cowboys once he left.

Dallas has always had a good defense under Campo. Campo was brought in for his defensive schemes and to bolster a Cowpukes defense that had been struggling in the recent past.

One thing is for certain, if this scenario came to pass, we would have stability at defensive coordinator for years to come. After what he did in Dallas it would take several years for some other team to want to hire him as a head coach. Meanwhile, you'd better bet that every time the Skins played the Pukes there would be a he!! of alot of passion on the defensive side of the ball.

Your thoughts?????

I cant remember his name offhand, but we've tried the ex cowboys defense once and it failed misrably. Remember all those scrubs we brought in with Norv to revamp the defense. They were great in Dallas and them misrable here. nah, no thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Campo thinks he owes JJ a favor for keeping him employed all this time. As payback, Campo would just ruin our defense. Just like Norv was loyal to JJ, Campo would be too. I'd much rather keep what we've got or hire from within.

We're going to read in some book 12 years from now about how JJ devised an evil plan to destroy the Redskins by sending players and coaches one after the other to sabotage our once proud franchise. :(

All I want for Christmas is enough aluminum foil to cover my walls. They're listening to me, y'know? :)

the next DC should be a younger guy that can grow in the NFL with Spurrier.

enough retreads and guys that really want to be Head Coaches right off the bat.

look up I-95. We need a Jim Johnson type DC that goes about his job and provides stability and excellent coaching.

at the same time, he isn't on a plane an hour after an Eagles game looking for another job :)

Does Jimmie Johnson (the Eagles DC) not want a head job? With what he's done in Philly, I'm surprised people aren't knocking on his door. I know he's up there in years, but if he can get that kind of production out of a unit, he must know what he's doing.

BTW, those who don't want a former Cowboy coach - you do know that Edwards coached with the Cowboys the last few years before coming here, right?

hey, look I am fine with Edwards if he is the guy we need :)

We got George Starke off waivers from Dallas and he only started in 2 Super Bowls for the club.

It isn't the Dallas connection that bothers me about players.

It is the attitude of hot-dogging and overblown egos that seems to follow players on that team.

When you watch Dallas it seems there are at least 20 guys on their team that are hot dogs, up shaking it around every time they make the smallest play on the field.

That's why I will always love that Terrell Owens play to spike the ball on the star in Texas Stadium :D

After all the sh** that Michael Irvin and Tony Hill and Hollywood Henderson did over the years, it was fitting that somebody gave them payback on their own field :cheers:

Archived