Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking Back

redskin56

I went back over the schedule this morning. There were four games that the skins "should have" won that they didn't. Had they won those games, were looking at 10-5 right now and possibly 11-6 and one hell of a seed for the playoffs.

The Skins should have beaten a virus weakened San Francisco team, they should have beaten the Giants at the Meadowlands, they should have beaten Dallas, and they should have beaten the Giants again at home.

If you look back on those games, it seems like the Skins gave those games away with turnovers and bad bounces at the wrong time. All in all, eventhough this season was yet another disappointment, had the ball bounced our way and we have gotten some decent calls in these games were in the playoffs. With a team that is just starting to find its identity, the future is starting to look pretty bright. We may be on to something here!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Looking back is hard to do.

But, if you do, it's pretty clear the Redskins lost to the Saints, Packers, Giants twice, Cowboys and Eagles the second time in a fashion that allows you to think if the Redskins simply weren't the Redskins own worst enemy, we could have and should have won all of those games.

Of these, only the Eagles game could you have left thinking they were still better as a team, but, somehow, without our own stupid mistakes, we're right with them. That's a tribute to the talent this team does have and that has not yet found a way to play as a team throughout a whole game.

I wouldn't put the Niners game in there because despite how the Niners may have felt, we never really had control of the game or appeared to be able to win without our own mistakes in that game. They beat us because they ran it down our throats and our offense simply got no push to convert on short yardage so we were beaten in such a way as they beat us, rather than we beat ourselves.

I know looking back is hard and probably not the smartest thing to do, but it does give me hope for next year, in that if we cut the mental errors that have plauged us in most, if not all, of our losses this year were going to pick up victories. The team SHOULD be better next year and with one year under SS' belt, the metal errors SHOULD be coached out of our players for the most part.

Look at it this way, if we hadn't made some of those mistakes, even with the "so called" lack of talent on this team we would be in the thick of the hunt for the playoffs.

Archived