Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting if meaningless stats.

Art

Over the last five games the Redskins have averaged 370.6 yards per game offensively. The breakdown is an average of 135 yards per game rushing and 235.6 yards per game passing. Though one can not realistically project these numbers over a full season, if one were to do so nonetheless, the Redskins would be ranked sixth in the league offensively, with a No. 8 ranking rushing and a No. 10 passing ranking.

The meaningful part of this information is that since Spurrier went with Wuerffel the offense seems to be coming together. Ramsey, of course, has helped add even more potency to the mix and the offense is and feels like it is executing much better right now. The turnovers are absolutely killing us, but, it is encouraging to see the unit coming together nicely as the season wears down I think.

This is definitely a good way to go out. We need to break the streak to put an exclamation mark on our progress thusfar.

what's even more encouraging is that this offense will pretty much be staying together with hopefully a few high profile FAs.

I wouldn't be nearly as happy if the Jansen situation were still up in the air.

I think it's interesting the offense started showing strength with Wuerffel in there myself :). Tre has been a nice signing. But, I'd hardly call what he did against Simon as all that encouraging. I believe Simon was in on eight tackles and most of the game he was directly matched up against Tre. That's a ton of activity for a defensive tackle. Tre brings some beef and attitude to the line that we lost when Jones went down.

He appears to be getting there as a player again for us. I just don't think he looked good against Philly.

Art, you need to watch the game again.

He had 4 stuffs vs Simon

He had 2 pancakes vs Simon

Besides a tackle that was 6 yds downfield, if Tre was on him, Simon recorded no tackle. Ramsey did scramble that one time and Simon made the tackle but he was pushed 8 yds downfield before coming back to make the hit. I would say Tre won that one.

Tre had one helluva game vs Simon.

He add a whole new dimension to this offense with his speed.

Hell, he had 2 pancakes on LBs while pulling.

The Big Banga has earned himself a contract and the right to start for us at RG.

He had another damn good game today. Not sure what people have been watching when it comes to this line, but it sure isn't Tre and what he has been doing.

Watch the tapes and smile.

Tre needs to be here next year wether he starts or just plays backup. We need players like him in the locker room and on the practice field. He's a positive influence and has a the personality that we need on the offensive side of the ball to go with Gardner's on the defensivee side of the ball.

One thing the Skins are very good at is finishing an otherwise forgettable season with JUST ENOUGH to get you excited about next season.

The offense has been noticably better since Shane sat down. If not for the turnovers we might very well be looking at 9-7 instead of 7-9 (or 6-10). That bodes well for next year. Keep the key guys in place, no major changes in coaches/systems, improve a bit more through the draft and FA and who knows ... things could look A LOT better fast.

Thing is ... I sound like this EVERY year. :)

Utah,

I've watched the game. I haven't charted each play. I can if it would be beneficial. But, again, Tre was involved in more plays against the Eagles than normal. Simon had a huge game. I'm positive Tre had his moments. I love Tre. But, for certain Simon had his moments too. And, I love Tre. But, Tre played the most he's played since he's been here against the Eagles. He surpassed that this week. I like him there and want him back.

But, the improvement offensively is, I believe, more easily traced to the insertion of Matthews than to the insertion of Johnson. Tre's been playing for us for nine weeks. We've only looked like the execution is coming together on offense for five. What happened about five weeks ago, Tre, or Wuerffel then Ramsey?

Will do. After Christmas though. Wife would be most displeased by the effort now :)

However, I'm not sure it's overly necessary. Even if you are precisely true that Simon had a dominating game and yet Tre was not responsible for any of those plays, which could be true. The Eagles game was our worst offensive performance in the last five, so even if Tre was perfect, it's hard to find how it is the reason the offense has been improved.

To me, it's all about the QBs baby :).

Utah, I concur with everything you've said here. I noticed that

yesterday the majority of long runs came running behind

Tre and Jansen.

Tre brings a tough attitude to the offensive line. Simon beat

him some, but can't remember how much they stunted. Tre

is just now getting into football shape. I would love to have

him and Jansen together for an entire year.

Archived