Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft?

PennState11

I think we trade that first rounder down and look at beef on both sides of the line.

If we can extort a second rounder out of the Raiders as compensation for Deion, I'd like to trade it down for a late 3rd and a 5th and take the best available punter and PK in the draft.

I'm skeptical of taking a WR. I'm not convinced we need one. But we do need a pass rush. We do need a safety (but props to David Terrell on maybe his best game).

I think everyone on this board would love to see us go DE or DT in the first round. The only problem is, it's very difficult to find a blue chip prospect in the draft at these positions. If we end up picking near the middle, it might be better to look at OL, possibly including a trade down, or best available athlete.

Originally posted by Runs with Scissors

I would love to trade down and get 2 picks for 1.

It might also keep us from having the headache of trying to sign a top 15 of so pick.Didn't Arizona draft a DT or DE(at #12) and it took half the year to sign him?

Well look it is the Cards so what do you expect form them. I doubt a money issue will be a problem with Synder compared to ARI or MINN

Draft a DE in the late 2nd or third round, chances are Bruce will be back. So that means a 2/3 round guy would have time to develope, while a 1st rounder would just be wasted spliting time. We could go DT in the first if Big Daddy or Gardner aren't back though.

I say DT in first, LG/RG in second, DE in third. DE or DT in 4th. AFter that, best player avaliable, but not FB, RB, CB, or LB. THose are positions that we are too strong at. Unless there is just an unbelievable guy who drops to us, we need to ignore these positions.

I want some big 300 pound DT who has some speed to him. Is that too much to ask for? They say this is a draft that is loaded with DE and DT's so we really need to get what we can out of this. Normally when we have a need and the draft is loaded with something, that is just what we happen to forget that year. Lets pray that doesnt happen again.

The pressing needs are at OL/DL/WR. However, it may be easier to find a good free agent WR but very difficult to find good OL/DL at free agent market...I bet the management will draft best athelet available in any of these three positions in the first round. And my guess is that Skins will draft an OL in the first round...

Archived