Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marty's Chargers Taking the Pipe

bulldog

after starting 6-1 the Chargers have fallen to 8-7 and are just about out of the playoff race in the AFC.

last year the Chargers started 5-2 and then finished 5-11.

Maybe it is something in the water out there :laugh:

On its own merits, Marty HAS done a nice job of making the Chargers more competitive. Losses like today's to KC were close and could easily have been wins :)

I don't mind Marty so much as all the garbage from Chris Berman and Sean Salisbury about how the Skins would have been top contenders by keeping Marty.

I don't see any evidence of that. The one thing this team would have had going for it in some respects was stabililty in terms of the defensive scheme.

But on offense, there still would have been a new qb, new wide receivers and some new linemen to integrate.

There still would have been A LOT for this team to integrate quickly to be competitive with teams like the Eagles and Packers and others in the NFC.

No doubt, the REdskins would have been a lot more competitive with Schottenheimer this year than what has happened with Spurrier.

The new QB would likely have been someone like Trent Dilfer, or Jeff Blake, and they would have had the continuity to follow through on defence.

Now, where I think (hope?) the Redskins are better off is in the 2-5 year time horizon. I can see Spurrier winning the Super Bowl. I just can't see Marty ever going beyond the conference championships.

One thing about Marty, he has a track record of only winning 8 games in his first year with the team.

In his first full season with the Browns, he went 8-8. In his first season with the Chiefs he went 8-7-1. Only season with the Skins, 8-8. First year with Chargers, 8-7 so far. He still has a slim shot at the playoffs.

I think the Chargers will be better next year. The Raiders could be broke n up due to them having a 50 million over the cap figure. The Broncos aren't that good. Only the Chiefs represent a real threat to them next year.

I wish Marty well, except when he plays us. If he actually wins a bowl-good for him.

AS for the media- they will NEVER and I mean NEVER be with us. If Jerry Jones hires Parcells- who do you think will get all the positive press?

Archived