Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies that make you stop and watch...

Spaceman Spiff

We've all been there, channel surfing, nothings on...

Then you flip past TBS or TNT...and there it is. A movie you just HAVE to stop and watch.

You know it inside and out and have seen it dozens of times, you might even own it on dvd...yet despite edited language and commercials you put everything else on hold and have to watch.

Goonies is one of these movies for me.

Let's hear yours.

Star Wars, but I've only seen it sixteen thousand times :geek:

Yeah, thats another one, although I'd rather see Empire or ROTJ. Also, basic cable NEVER shows any of the movies anymore. But they're frequently on the movie channels on Verizon. Time to pop in A New Hope, never really watch this one anymore :)

I'm old school. Star Wars is Star Wars. It's not A New Hope, that's revisionism. I trust the original movie posters. I'm also of the mind based on the evidence from the Post Office that Star Wars was SW Empire and ROTJ. The newer ones were well... they're what they called in Spaceballs "Star Wars' brother's cousin's lawyer's podiatrist's electrician's receptionist's therapist's parole officer's step-son" and you know what that makes them...

Although the last was close to being a Star Wars movie.

Excalibur (best King Arthur ever in a landslide)

Godfather Part II (Michael, we're bigger than US Steel)

Jaws(scene where Quint recalls the sinking of the Indianapolis is mesmerizing still)

Animal House (if for no other reason than the horse in Dean Wormer's office)

Altered States (after a quarter century of watching this one I still don't really know WTF is going on but I can't take my eyes off it)

Network (Same screenwriter as Altered States, Howard Beale...I'm Mad as Hell and I'm not Going to Take it Anymore!)

The Exorcist (still scares the crap out of me, won't sleep well after watching it even for the 100th time)

Archived