Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convertible Comparison

HOF44

Also, I agree completely on the MX-5. Honestly, there isn't a better balanced, better handling chassis for any comparable price. I know they're not the manliest cars :laugh: but they actually make great, great track cars. I've wanted to build a race car out of an early 90s MX-5 for some time.

I had a 99 MX-5 with a Jackson Racing supercharger. Best handling/most fun car I've ever owned.

We ended up getting the 350Z Roadster. It really has more power than I imagined. We had a Mustang GT convertible and it's not even in the same class power wise. I have driven in some nice sports cars, the Z is not as quick as the Corvette, but quicker than most cars I have been in. Scared the wife a little when she punched it on the test drive. :laugh:

Very nice car. Congratulations. My wife has a new Infiniti G35X which I believe has a similar motor so I can attest to the power. Enjoy.

Ok the piant is starting to flake on the wifes 2004 Mustang Convertible and that usually never gets better. So we are going to trade it soon.

She is looking at either the Mistubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible or the 350Z convertible. Is the Z really worth the extra 10K?? Anyone have experience with either of those current car styles?

Damn Toyota, still no Supra out or even a real confirmation it's coming out.

Ok , I am sure taht you are aware that repainting a mustang will be much cheper than buying a new car, but if your going new, Im glad to see your are leaving the americna pieces of crap behind and looking at compnaies who actually make either good cars, or warrenty them so long the quality is not really an issue.

Saying that, if your wife is a speed demon, get the 350, itll blow the doors off any mitsubishi. I must warn you I am a Nissan guy through and through so my opinion is biased, but I can point out to you some of the good things about the 350. it uses nissans VQseries 3.5liter V6 engine which is found in all Nissan vehicles with a V6. Its also the common V6 for Infiniti, like your G35, M35 FX35 etc. and that series of engine has been on Ward's top ten engine lists ever since was introduced. With the 350 Z, you are essentially sharing the chassis and motor and depending on what package you get, maybe even the same suspension. And when you compare the price of a G35 to a 350Z, all those components end up looking like a bargin. you will never have a problem with that Nissan ENGINE.( I will address this point later)

I would love to buy a 350Z, but in Canada they base price around $45,000 and go up from there, and I know south of the border the prices are much more resonable and would jump on one at the US price no questions asked.

Now for the bad, Nissan engines rely heavily on electrical components to operate smoothly and something as simple as a $20 sensor can cause the engine to run hard. Now the engine can run forever and not conk out, but you may have some minor inconviences, like rough starts if the crank sensor goes (a common but easy problem). The block is solid and you will have no fear in pushing it to its limit after you get behind the wheel. You may not bring the car in for a major overhaul but expect 1-2 trips a year to your dealership when the check engine light comes on about a faulty sensor.

I think overall, you will be much happier with the 350Z, I know I would, being the Nissan fan I am. Nissan builds good cars, while Mitsu builds ok cars and just slaps a long warrenty on them to help sell them.

I like the Saturn Sky personally, but it's probably too small for your wife.

Saturn%20Sky.jpg

HOLY CRAP did someone say Saturn and I missed it? Damn I'm off my game...

Get the Saturn Sky Redline, then make your wife learn how to drive stick... it helps in other aspects.... If ya know what I'm sayin...

HOLY CRAP did someone say Saturn and I missed it? Damn I'm off my game...

Get the Saturn Sky Redline, then make your wife learn how to drive stick... it helps in other aspects.... If ya know what I'm sayin...

She knows how to drive a stick, but with the traffic in NOVA would rather not.

Man all these convertible talk is making me itch, I wonder where to go from here.

350z -> z4 -> ???

Get the Sky Redline it's the greatest car evah

The Redskins will go 20-0 this year.... (2 other teams will go 16-0 in the NFC and the Redskins won't get the 1st round bye)

What kind of car is it? How did you come about owning it? Cool looking vintage convertible for sure.

Oh I don't own it... I just own the picture :laugh:

It's a Porsche 356.... "convertible D". They used to be available for a very reasonable price, but freakin Hollywood ruined it for everyone when they started putting them in movies. :(

My dad has one but its not a convertible. That car is the definition of fun... I absolutely love driving it. :)

Archived