Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

22 ways to be a good democrat

Spaceman Spiff

Here's the thing - I, personally, believe life begins at conception. I also happen to be against abortion and against the death penalty. I just don't understand why you would call someone a moron because they believe life starts in the third trimester. It's a pretty debatable point.

There is no debate when life begins. Any logical person knows this.

Ignorance defines those that believe abolishing Roe v. Wade would halt abortions.

Sorry buddy, ignorance is defined by those that believe life suddenly happens in the third trimester. I guess you also think David Blaine is a wizard.

Sorry buddy, ignorance is defined by those that believe life suddenly happens in the third trimester. I guess you also think David Blaine is a wizard.

No need to argue conception to me. I really do get the pro life social conservative stance. I get it. In fact when I hear of women who have had multiple abortions for the purpose of birth control, it sickens me.

But what I don't get is your blind stance on the consequences of forcing that view on the rest of the world. Those rich enough or desperate enough would be getting abortions anyway. Those not in those categories have a chance of being raised on your taxes. And another criminal empire would be born, quite easily in the age of globalization.

You want Roe v. Wade banned? Fine. Just to make sure to use your next breath after your hurrahs to scream for a raise in taxes for more jails, more police time for enforcement, and more money for the increase of population living in poverty. IE, the "welfare state" I'm sure you speak out against as well.

No need to argue conception to me. I really do get the pro life social conservative stance. I get it. In fact when I hear of women who have had multiple abortions for the purpose of birth control, it sickens me.

But what I don't get is your blind stance on the consequences of forcing that view on the rest of the world. Those rich enough or desperate enough would be getting abortions anyway. Those not in those categories have a chance of being raised on your taxes. And another criminal empire would be born, quite easily in the age of globalization.

You want Roe v. Wade banned? Fine. Just to make sure to use your next breath after your hurrahs to scream for a raise in taxes for more jails, more police time for enforcement, and more money for the increase of population living in poverty. IE, the "welfare state" I'm sure you speak out against as well.

It's a sad day when someone would post publicly on a message board that they equate the value of a human being with their tax burden. It must be rough getting up in the morning if you are that cynical.

BTW - I'm far from a social conservative. Other than abortion I'm about as left wing as it gets on social issues.

It's a sad day when someone would post publicly on a message board that they equate the value of a human being with their tax burden. It must be rough getting up in the morning if you are that cynical.

Oh high and mighty, I am here to inform you that its done on this messageboard and others daily. Especially by those who consider themselves fiscally conservative. Now speaking only for myself I am not a believer in this country's ability to be truly fiscally conservative as those on the right would try and make the country believe, therefore am not really myself when it comes to my opinion on politics. So my previous post only states the facts, not my personal opinion or "burden".

Oh high and mighty, I am here to inform you that its done on this messageboard and others daily. Especially by those who consider themselves fiscally conservative. Now speaking only for myself I am not a believer in this country's ability to be truly fiscally conservative as those on the right would try and make the country believe, therefore am not really myself when it comes to my opinion on politics. So my previous post only states the facts, not my personal opinion or "burden".

Well you make some comment supporting Roe v Wade and then say it makes you sick to hear about women using abortion as birth control. Do you have any idea how many abortions are done in this country because of the life of the mother? It's less than 1%, but you mindlessly support a law in this country that allows something "that makes you sick". You call it high and mighty; I prefer to say I'm non-delusional.

Before you enter the debate I recommend you take physiology 101. Liberal logic is an oxymoron.

Graduated with honors - Thanks.

Unlike the conservatives science (Um - There is a magical being that 6 thousand years ago created life) real science is not as simple. Being able to survive outside the mother, does not make it a life. You can argue life begins in the third trimester (Although, I argue that life begins once the baby is born, not from when it COULD be born). But to argue life begins as at conception is hardly logical or fact.

It's a religious argument at best. Is a cell alive? Hardly. A fetus at conception is hardly more then a cell.

Third trimesters abortions are less then 2%. And Unlike you, I will provide the link - http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5212a1.htm. Very few women use abortion as birth control option 1 (It’s painful for one). However – Many use it when needed. That’s their right.

Yet the concept that life suddenly happens at conception is not so foreign? I think its somewhat beyond human comprehension to acceptably define when a life begins.

You are smarter than that Larry. The NRA is a single issue organization.

It's not that black and white. The NRA deals with a number of gun issues... it's not just them fighting an assault weapons ban only, there are a number of other things related to guns that they address.

Similarly, the ACLU addresses a number of individual rights issues.

Graduated with honors - Thanks.

Unlike the conservatives science (Um - There is a magical being that 6 thousand years ago created life) real science is not as simple. Being able to survive outside the mother, does not make it a life. You can argue life begins in the third trimester (Although, I argue that life begins once the baby is born, not from when it COULD be born). But to argue life begins as at conception is hardly logical or fact.

It's a religious argument at best. Is a cell alive? Hardly. A fetus at conception is hardly more then a cell.

Third trimesters abortions are less then 2%. And Unlike you, I will provide the link - http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5212a1.htm. Very few women use abortion as birth control option 1 (It’s painful for one). However – Many use it when needed. That’s their right.

So your saying that scientists can explain when and how the universe and life started but it is only a question of religion when that same life is in a womens body. Strange double standard you got there.

To Be Added To Both Lists:

23. You must believe your party is more important than everything else. And that the other party is the spawn of hell. Common sense and truth be damned. The party must survive.

How about:

In any discussion about general political viewpoints, demand that the discussion revolve around abortion.

Then demand that the discussion isn't about abortion, it's about life. Then demand that the discussion isn't about when an object becomes a person, that simply being alive is the real issue. That "life" equals "person".

(Then ignore that the sperm was alive, and the egg was alive. Pretend that the fertilized egg is a completely new life form which was created, well, through divine intervention.)

Claim loudly that anybody who doesn't believe that it's simply obvious on it's face that when a (living) sperm and a (living) egg merge, that "life begins" is a delusional idiot who's blindly using faith to replace logic. (And announce that obviously, the only reason someone would use personal opinion over logic is because they're a political partisan who's sole loyalty is to a political party.)

:)

Well you make some comment supporting Roe v Wade and then say it makes you sick to hear about women using abortion as birth control. Do you have any idea how many abortions are done in this country because of the life of the mother? It's less than 1%, but you mindlessly support a law in this country that allows something "that makes you sick". You call it high and mighty; I prefer to say I'm non-delusional.

Do you have a link for that 1% stat?

Archived