Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskin's D-linemen under 30 (some possible youth?)

authentic

Since the draft, I've noticed that there has been an uproar regards to us not addressing the D-line, which i can understand. So, just for curiosity I just wanted to check to see who are some of the younger talent that we may already have that i haven't paid attention to, including some that we are familiar with. Below are all of our D-linemen under 30, most of which has less than 4 years experience:

-DE Green, Jamaal 27

-DE Demetric Evans 28

-DE Andre Carter 28

-DE Joe Sykes 24

-DE Chris Wilson 24

-DE Bryant Shaw 28

-DT Vaka Manupuna 24

-DT Anthony Montgomery 23

-DT Larenzo Alexander 23

-DT Ryan Boschetti 25

-DT Jared Clauss 26

-DT Kedric Golston 23

Of course i'm not saying that these guys are going to make the team or even the practice squad, but personally i'm trying to find some rhyme or reason as to maybe why we didn't address the D-line at all during the draft.

Of course i'm not saying that these guys are going to make the team or even the practice squad, but personally i'm trying to find some rhyme or reason as to maybe why we didn't address the D-line at all during the draft.

We didnt have enough draft picks.

-DE Green, Jamaal 27

-DE Demetric Evans 28

-DE Andre Carter 28

-DE Joe Sykes 24

-DE Chris Wilson 24

-DE Bryant Shaw 28

-DT Vaka Manupuna 24

-DT Larenzo Alexander 23

-DT Ryan Boschetti 25

-DT Jared Clauss 26

-DT Kedric Golston 23

By comparison, the LBs under 30:

-LB Khary Campbell - 29

-LB Rocky McIntosh - 24

-LB Anthony Trucks - 23

I think this proves one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt...that the Skins' FO were idiots for wasting 5th and 6th round picks on even MORE linebackers.

-LB Khary Campbell - 29

-LB Rocky McIntosh - 24

-LB Anthony Trucks - 23

I think this proves one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt...that the Skins' FO were idiots for wasting 5th and 6th round picks on even MORE linebackers.

I don't understand your logic? Except for Rocky (one backup), we have no real proven talent at LB.

I think given the fact that we brought in some dlineman prior to the draft there was no reason to reach out and take some lineman that may be the same as what we have already on the roster.

Since the draft, I've noticed that there has been an uproar regards to us not addressing the D-line, which i can understand. So, just for curiosity I just wanted to check to see who are some of the younger talent that we may already have that i haven't paid attention to, including some that we are familiar with. Below are all of our D-linemen under 30, most of which has less than 4 years experience:

-DE Green, Jamaal 27

-DE Demetric Evans 28

-DE Andre Carter 28

-DE Joe Sykes 24

-DE Chris Wilson 24

-DE Bryant Shaw 28

-DT Vaka Manupuna 24

-DT Larenzo Alexander 23

-DT Ryan Boschetti 25

-DT Jared Clauss 26

-DT Kedric Golston 23

Well we have Quantity... :D

Contractual obligation to AARP.

Well we have Quantity... :D

:laugh:

I don't understand your logic? Except for Rocky (one backup), we have no real proven talent at LB.

I think given the fact that we brought in some dlineman prior to the draft there was no reason to reach out and take some lineman that may be the same as what we have already on the roster.

Yeah I agree with you skinsfan. When you actually look at our roster, you can see why we made the decision to draft 2 linebackers. Campbell is a special teams guy (and a hot-head at that who makes a lot of dumb mistakes) who I can't ever see being a starter in the NFL. With Marcus and Rocky having injury problems, it absolutely makes sense to get some depth behind them.

-LB Khary Campbell - 29

-LB Rocky McIntosh - 24

-LB Anthony Trucks - 23

I am not sure if i am missing the sarcasm here or just your point in general ... Given LBs and DB tend to be the biggest contributers to teams then from looking at players under 30 we should have more LBs than we actually took. Trucks and Campbell are both bubble players Campbell has shown to be a great teams player but if the coaches think he is not going to make the next step then he would make way for the new guy . Trucks i know little about .

The only thing we don't know are what are going to be our needs come cut down day . We may need to keep extra DL becasue we need a big rotation to make up for a lack of tallent. Alternativly we might find we could keep one less DL and an extra LB because Sarts for example may be a pass rush specalist much like Chris Clemons was a few years ago before his injury.

That was my point lol...I was echoing much of the whining and ****ing that took place on these threads when Gibbs & Co. picked two LBs on Sunday. They couldn't fathom why we would do such a thing :laugh:...

Sarcasm and the Internet do not get along. :laugh:

yea true, but we only signed one DE out of the 9 undrafted FA.

Right. What part of being full up on the roster both projecting for the season and for camps is hard to comprehend.

Right. What part of being full up on the roster both projecting for the season and for camps is hard to comprehend.

Not hard to comprehend at all, I was just making an observation. Actually, I can understand why we went LB in the late rounds. I was just hoping that they would have brought in more Dline guys in the Undrafted class. With that said, I'm also hoping that we can find a solid keeper out of the bunch.

Not hard to comprehend at all, I was just making an observation. Actually, I can understand why we went LB in the late rounds. I was just hoping that they would have brought in more Dline guys in the Undrafted class. With that said, I'm also hoping that we can find a solid keeper out of the bunch.

I'm with you there.

Archived