Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will replace David Patten as 4th receiver?

keithabbott

As much as I like watching Thrash on special teams I think he's lost a step when it comes to WR. He doesn't seem to be getting open as much. I personally think we'll see Espy because of his age. But I guess training camp may ultimately prove one way or another for our WR's.

With the recent trade for Randy Moss, I think 1 of the 3 receivers NE has signed will be released and his name is Kelley Washington. Big, strong, fast, good hands... could be a nice corner fade option.

It seems like we haven't had a receiver over 6' since Westbrook!

Espy, I hope...but you always know James Thrash will be in the mix because Gibbs loves him so much for some reason. I will never understand that...I mean sure he's a super-smart teams guy but he gots no skills at WR...

You do realize Thrash was once a #1 reciever in this league? On a very good offense. He's lost a step (or two, or three) and is no longer starter material but could easily man the #4 spot while we bring a lot a Mike Espy type player at #5. He's steady and reliable, if you throw him a catchable ball he gets it. We'd be a much better team if we had a few more James Thrash's.

You all have failed to recongnize why the Redskins love Thrash (you all should to). He is by far our best special teams player. He made all kinds of plays on special teams, especially on punt coverage. He also can be a emergency punt or kick returner. Another reason why he is a valuable asset to the Skins is his run blocking, most notably in the "big packages". These are the type of players coaches love and fans should appreciate.

With the recent trade for Randy Moss, I think 1 of the 3 receivers NE has signed will be released and his name is Kelley Washington. Big, strong, fast, good hands... could be a nice corner fade option.

It seems like we haven't had a receiver over 6' since Westbrook!

Yeah thats what I was thinking they have too many and a couple of these or even three will be let go. How many recievers do they have on there team because they signed every reciever in free agency and they had some good ones already there.

Archived