Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's a Bird! No, It's a Plane! No, It's Isaiah Stanback??

DeMarco Murray 29

From NFL.com ...

A multi-sport standout, Stanback excelled as a receiver and quarterback for the Huskies' football team while also competing on the track team as a sprinter. He fell just shy of setting the school 100-meter dash record. In addition, he was a prep standout in baseball and, despite not playing that game at the collegiate level, the Baltimore Orioles selected him in the 45th round of the 2006 draft.

Because of his athletic ability and just a little over two years of experience at quarterback, many professional teams are eyeing Stanback as a potential wide receiver candidate. His quest to show pro scouts his wares has been sidetracked since mid-October.

He will be a WR I'm sure.

Take away my complete disdain for the cowboys, but man, you guys really have made some horrible picks this year . . .

That is exacttly right. But no matter how bad anybody rates the picks, it's going to be overshadowed by Next year's 1st round pick.

IMO, this draft has been awful.

Spencer was a good pickup. Good speed rusher, who will eventually take over for Greg. Leaving a great group of young LB's.

James Marten?!?! Well, we needed Olineman help. Just Marten projects as a Right Tackle not Left tackle due to being horrible against Speed ends. So basically we have ONE Project backing up Flozell, Pat McQuistan. So he sits the bench for 3-4 years, then gets released into Free Agency. Wasted pick.

Isaiah Stanback?!?! Just when I thought the Marten pick was bad, we go and do this. A project player who doesn't even have a Position. Backup QB, well okay. We need a Project QB? Why not get one like Leak or Tate in the 7th or After the draft. They wont see any Playing time at all. Okay, put him at WR. Not that easy of a transition. Oh, on top of that he has been injured and missed time EVERY year he has played.

We went into the draft with 4 needs of improvement. Ballhawking Safety, Pass Rusher, 3-4 NT and Youth at CB. So far we have filled ONE hole through 3 picks. I don't see it getting any better the rest of the way.

Jerry wanted a WR? Why not a guy like Aundrea Allison??? Over 1,000 yards. Dallas Baker? Rhema McKnight? .... But we settle for Project, Isaiah Stanback. Who is Woody Dantzler part 2!

Not completely. We did pick up a guy that could potentially give us the best safety tandem in the league for a long time. Over/under on receivers that alligator arm it this year?

Theres gonna be a helluva lot of recievers with the gator arms this year. Coming across the middle on our D is gonna be scary for opposing teams.

Not completely. We did pick up a guy that could potentially give us the best safety tandem in the league for a long time. Over/under on receivers that alligator arm it this year?

IT is weird, I would have sworn I heard this line before...

Congrats on investing all of that money into the S postion. Unconventional has paid off in spades thus far for the Skins!

True Trailblazers I tell ya.

Man, but we totally sucked last year. How did it even come down to a blocked kick? You guys should have wiped the field with us as bad as we were. You couldn't even kick us when we were down.

Besides, it aint yearly. 35-7 sound familiar? :laugh:

Wasn't that the same year of the 2 hail mary's?

:cheers:

Wasn't that the same year of the 2 hail mary's?

:cheers:

Hail Mary's? You talking about the game we snatched from you and beat you over the head with? Isn't that the same game that you had a chance to take the lead in but Sean Taylor knocked the snot out of Crayton on 3rd down and the ball flew ten yards the other direction? You had two possessions after the last Moss TD.

Those weren't hail mary's. Hail Mary's are last plays of the half, or game that are essesntially jump balls. Those were passes designed to take advantage of Moss' speed vs your secondary's lack of it.

I mean seriously. Your team does not know how to finish out a game or a season. You always fall apart at the end. Supwitdat?

Archived