Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The real reasons we need the Skins to trade down from #6.

Sonny Joe Hog

By we, I mean everyone who reads and posts on extremeskins.com.

The first reason is that most of us are going to be glued to the T.V. tomorrow watching the draft and if the Skins don't trade down, swapping No. 1's and receiving second and third round choices, the draft is going to become boring rather quickly.

We need for the Skins to have second and third round picks to keep things exciting and prevent us from wandering off to mow the lawn, fix a hole in a screen, or to do some other chore.

Secondly, with three first day picks, there would be much more to talk about in the coming weeks on extremeskins.com.

Let's be honest with ourselves. We get a lot of entertainment value from watching the draft and from the discussions on this site and there's a long way to go before fall. So, from a selfish standpoint, we could use more first day picks to enhance our draft day and extremeskins.com experiences.

Those are my real reasons (plus getting more good players, of course) for wanting the Skins to trade down.

I don't know about you all, but I think watching the draft is only slightly more exciting than watching paint dry. Do they really need 15 minutes to make a pick/facilitate a trade? Can't they plan ahead? I could do it in a minute.

I'll watch the first hour and a half tomorrow than be doing something else.

Those of us at the draft day party would prefer we draft at #6, so we can run back out to the parking lot to do more tailgating :cheers: and discuss how we are going to the superbowl while doing tequila shots :D

I don't know about you all, but I think watching the draft is only slightly more exciting than watching paint dry. Do they really need 15 minutes to make a pick/facilitate a trade? Can't they plan ahead? I could do it in a minute.

My thoughts exactly. Like watching paint dry, like watching ice melt. It's a long, drawn out process that is only exciting when we choose our first rounder. Otherwise, I might see who our division rivals get but it's nothing big. I'll read about our later round draft picks when I wake up Sunday morning.

me too..., on madden.

My thoughts exactly. Like watching paint dry, like watching ice melt. It's a long, drawn out process that is only exciting when we choose our first rounder. Otherwise, I might see who our division rivals get but it's nothing big. I'll read about our later round draft picks when I wake up Sunday morning.

The sad part is that most likely we won't be able to read about later picks until Monday since the first 3 rounds take like 10 hours.

Archived