Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey - Ricky Williams trade - Casey Husband got it all wrong?

vladdrac

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25699

"Perhaps the Redskins' most famous draft day trade in recent years came in 1999. That year, the Redskins jumped on a pair of trades that had far-reaching impact.

First the team traded its 12th overall pick and multiple mid-round selections to the Chicago Bears for the fifth overall pick. Then the Redskins swapped first-round selections with the New Orleans Saints, dropping from fifth to seventh. The Saints got their man in running back Ricky Williams, while the Redskins drafted Champ Bailey and obtained a first- and third-rounder in 2000."

I don't remember it happening at all this way. Didn't the 'skins trade down with the Saints from #5 to #12 (thus, getting all of the Saints draft and their next years #1, which turned out to be Arrington)? Then they traded with Chicago to move from #12 to #7 to get Bailey? I'm sure this is how it happened. If so, there is no excuse for this Casey Husband guy to FUBAR it all up in that article - it's his job to get it right.

I didn't take the time to google this to make sure I was right - but I am pretty positive my memory was correct. But, I'm not the one writing an article and getting paid handsomely for it. I guess what pisses me off is, you read these articles - especially ones that appear on redskins.com / nfl.com - and you are relying on the article writer to be factually accurate. And when a paid journalist just whips something out without doing his homework (a simple google nowadays), and is wrong, he should be fired or at least have to own up to it.

Once I google this to confirm, I'm going to have to email him or the site(s) and bust his chops.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/news/1999/04/17/pk_midone/

Redskins made all the right moves

Click here for more on this story

Posted: Saturday April 17, 1999 03:28 PM

Sports Illustrated senior writer Peter King, covering his 16th NFL Draft, will check in throughout the day with reports on the '99 version of the draft. You can find King's reports from earlier in the day in the related information table at the bottom of the page:

ASHBURN, Va. (CNN/SI) -- Halfway through the first round, here are five things I think I think:

1.) I think Washington got the easiest No. 1 pick of all time. Think about it. The Redskins wanted to pick Champ Bailey at No. 5. They picked him at No. 7. By trading down to 12 with New Orleans, and then by trading back up to No. 7 with Chicago, Washington got Bailey and picked up sixth- and seventh-round picks this year and a first-rounder (from New Orleans) in 2000. It's like walking down a street and seeing a $100 bill and no one else around.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/news/1999/04/17/pk_midone/

Redskins made all the right moves

Click here for more on this story

Posted: Saturday April 17, 1999 03:28 PM

Sports Illustrated senior writer Peter King, covering his 16th NFL Draft, will check in throughout the day with reports on the '99 version of the draft. You can find King's reports from earlier in the day in the related information table at the bottom of the page:

ASHBURN, Va. (CNN/SI) -- Halfway through the first round, here are five things I think I think:

1.) I think Washington got the easiest No. 1 pick of all time. Think about it. The Redskins wanted to pick Champ Bailey at No. 5. They picked him at No. 7. By trading down to 12 with New Orleans, and then by trading back up to No. 7 with Chicago, Washington got Bailey and picked up sixth- and seventh-round picks this year and a first-rounder (from New Orleans) in 2000. It's like walking down a street and seeing a $100 bill and no one else around.

Good catch. I remembered the basic details about trading down, then back up with Chicago.

This is why I come to this web-site for the majority of my Skins news.

I feel good about this site too. You won't be able to come in here and throw around misinformation or backwards facts without being called on by somebody.:applause:

WOW - he works for THE MAN. This d-bag is Director Of Publications for the Washington Redskins......even more of a crime to FUBAR the facts up in that article. Now knowing he is the team publicist, his articles are worthless, especially draft week.

Casey Husband is a

long-time sportswriter

and columnist who has covered the Redskins since 1999. Director of Publications for the Washington Redskins, Casey contributes several columns per week for Redskins.com.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16468

WOW - he works for THE MAN. This d-bag is Director Of Publications for the Washington Redskins......even more of a crime to FUBAR the facts up in that article. Now knowing he is the team publicist, his articles are worthless, especially draft week.

Casey Husband is a

long-time sportswriter

and columnist who has covered the Redskins since 1999. Director of Publications for the Washington Redskins, Casey contributes several columns per week for Redskins.com.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16468

This article could become a collector's gem. Keep it my friend it could be worth big money one day. :laugh:

Archived