Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jehovah's Witness encounter

Zguy28

So my wife calls me at work and says "two JW's came by the house today and tried to convert me."

But she stopped them and told them we were Christians, Baptists to be exact. They said "Oh, well we're Christians too." She flatly tells them "no you're not." (They don't believe in the trinity). So they try to give her a tract, and she said "only if you take one of mine too." But they refused and left.

Then about 45 minutes later two biker guys show up in bandana's and leather and start hammering on the door loudly. I could actually hear it over the phone because she called me, scared. I know its stereotypical to view bikers as "bad" but would you open the door if you were a very attractive (:D ) 28 year old woman with two toddlers?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect they were from the JW's since they only came to our house and promptly left the neighborhood.

I'd say that's taking evangelism to a whole new level huh?

I have never heard of the Jehovah's Witnesses using intimidation like that. I doubt that's what actually happened.

Nor, for that matter, have I ever seen Jehovah's Witnesses dressed as bikers. Maybe it's their version of Opus Dei? ;)

I have never heard of the Jehovah's Witnesses using intimidation like that. I doubt that's what actually happened.

Nor, for that matter, have I ever seen Jehovah's Witnesses dressed as bikers. Maybe it's their version of Opus Dei? ;)

Actually, they have tried to intimidate my wife before. Thank God my aunt showed up then. She whipped out her Bible and turned it loose. :laugh:

They always come by when I'm at work. :(

This doesn't make sense. JW get rejected like what- >99% of the time. Do you really think they would say "Oh - THIS house rejected us, lets go call in the big guns".

Hardly - They are use to rejection. They have thick skins, they don't care. They beleive they are doing god's work and simply go to the next house.

oh the JW's... I enjoy chatting with them. They always ask me something along the lines of "are you tired of how bad the world is getting?" and I always stop and tell them "It's never been so good for people as it is here" Then remind them of all the horrify crap the "good ol days" consisted of... no matter what time period you happen to think of as the "good ol' days".

I don't know much about their religion but their tone is always too dark and depressing for me.

Catholic > all :silly:

BTW Zguy, glad your wife is ok. That's some seriously spooky stuff right there. My fiancee would have freaked out.

Actually - My best was with Mormans. In college, my GF and I were...um.... resting.

So we see 2 guys, about 19 or so, clearly moremens (White, short sleave shirts, Black ties, bible in hand) walk up to our place.

My GF opens the door wearing a bra and G-string.

They had trouble giving their pitch.

Last time they started coming around, I think it was 3 or 4 times in about a week and a half. Which is kinda gutsy considering my driveway is about a half mile long, littered with ragged out yard cars and usually has beer cans somewhere around, not to mention a few large dogs. I had asked them to take us off the list of sinner in need of saving and said we were doing fine and if they came back there would be consicuences(sp). I kindly said can you give me a second, I'de like to show you something. And sprayed them with the hose. That was great, but they haven't been back.

Also, if ya call them for a free bible and say your friend is in need, they will start showing up relentlessly at you buddies house.

As to the thread(sorry I got sidetracked) there are no JW bikers. They were most likely robbers or no-goodnicks. I'de be a little worried. Maybe even call the cops and see if they have heard anything.

As to the thread(sorry I got sidetracked) there are no JW bikers. They were most likely robbers or no-goodnicks. I'de be a little worried. Maybe even call the cops and see if they have heard anything.
Its funny, there were two guys but only one bike. :whoknows:

Do JW's have something against motorcycles?

One of my favorite Christian evangelists Ray Comfort knows how to make them uncomfortable. :)

"So what are you guys selling?"

"Nothing."

"Are you Mormons?"

"No."

"Jehovah Witnesses?"

"Yes."

"Tell me this. I have a knife in my back. I have three minutes to live. My blood and life are draining from me. I know I'm dying. What are you going to say to me. How can I enter the Kingdom?"

They looked at each other. Then back at me. There was dead silence. It was obvious that they didn't know what to tell me.

"Come on guys. I'm dying. I have three minutes!"

One of them said, "I don't know. There's lots you have to do." The other one echoed, "Lots."

Then the first said, "You have to learn. You have to gain knowledge . . . "

"What about the thief on the cross? What knowledge did he get? How could he learn anything? He couldn't turn the pages of a book--he was nailed to a cross. He probably couldn't read anyway. Yet Jesus said to him, 'Today you will be with Me in Paradise.'"

"We have to go now."

"Come on guys. This is important. I want to know how to enter Jehovah's Kingdom. What are your names?"

"Jonathan."

"Javier."

"Do you consider yourself to be good people?"...

My GF opens the door wearing a bra and G-string.

They had trouble giving their pitch.

If your girlfriend looks the same in real life as in my mental image of this story, I would have had no trouble doing some pitching of my own.

Maintenance-tent-email.jpg

Why do you people open the door? You can tell when it is a Mormon or JW by what they are wearing usually – I just don’t open the door. Solves all the problems.
Well, I don't mind talking to JW's, neither does the wife. She don't like it when two burly bikers show up when she's home alone though.

1st off I would not have spoken with the Jehovah's witnesses, as soon as I saw what they were at my door for I would have said "don't come back" and shut the door in their faces like I do every time.

If bikers showed up at my house and started pounding on the door, I would answer it. With my rifle loaded and in hand. I would then find out what exactly they were there for. If it had to do with the Jehovah's witnesses I would give them about 10 seconds to get off of my property before one of them gets shot.

1st off I would not have spoken with the Jehovah's witnesses, as soon as I saw what they were at my door for I would have said "don't come back" and shut the door in their faces like I do every time.

If bikers showed up at my house and started pounding on the door, I would answer it. With my rifle loaded and in hand. I would then find out what exactly they were there for. If it had to do with the Jehovah's witnesses I would give them about 10 seconds to get off of my property before one of them gets shot.

You're not a 130lb woman who's husband is at work. Also, we don't own guns.:2cents:

2 cute chicks were recruiting once in my apartment building. I almost opened the door to offer them a little "bargain," you know, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours ;) , but then I thought the better of it and didn't open the door.

Archived