Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Examiner:"Time for Skins to go all in"

FrFan

I am sure Johnson is a stud and may continue to be one in the NFL (although I have heard this about nearly every WR taken in the Top 12 in the last 5 years...) but this is a game that is won and lost in the trenches. Right now we can't win that fight often enough on the defensive side of the ball. If we continue to ignore that we are doomed.

:laugh: You act like you'd cry if we got him. WR is a need position as well. Just not as much as the defense.

keep in mind that our #2 RECIEVER HAD ZERO TD'S!

CJ would fix that.

Exactly....Our wr corps last year were not very good at all. If your number 2 can't catch at least 1 TD then you have a problem. Lloyd is a bust. Mark my words. Randel el is a solid slot guy, but hes just going to get us 30-40 receptions a year. If we get CJ then we leave randel el at slot and we will be an extremely explosive offense with portis, betts, and cooley. This also makes those trick plays a bit easier because you have 2 speed guys in moss, and CJ, and even if randel els passes arent on the money CJ could jump up and grab it with that 40 inch vertical of his.

Look I understand we need some line, but why not lock up a guy in CJ who we could have for 6-8 years, and then work on the line at the end of the year? We could try free agency, and wed still have all of our picks next year except for our first. Alot of quality guys can be found after the first round. Remember that

Both have "character issues." That means some team will steal them later than they should, IF they don't mess up with the law...With the new league rules in effect re: conduct, all teams know this and are ranking them accordingly. I doubt you will see either be drafted by Cincinnati!

Read this...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10142779

It talks about both of them and the reasons they were dismissed from the Football team...

Good article JS,

Moss wasn't dismissed from the team, he got more of a wake-up call and there is a small risk. But of all the top rated DE's in this draft, Moss is the most complete and ready to go talent-wise of them all, hands down, but that risk lessens when you consider the other DE's you might take ahead of him are raw and could be busts, which is another risk in itself. He is a slight risk though, as he was suspended for one game. I'd jump on the chance to pick him after, say.......the 12th pick, which reduces his guaranteed money. If I were the coach, though, I'd assign him a good character player to take him under his wing for a little while, just to make sure, maybe A. Carter?

But taking him 6th makes it a little more risky, which is why I would wait until somewhere in the mid-first round range.

:laugh: You act like you'd cry if we got him. WR is a need position as well. Just not as much as the defense.

keep in mind that our #2 RECIEVER HAD ZERO TD'S!

CJ would fix that.

This has been going around and around since last October. Part of the problem was Brunell. Part of the problem was a raw JC. Part of the problem was Moss hamstring. Part of the problem was BL had HUTA disease (Head UP the Ass). Part of the problem was a new offense. Part of the problem was no CP. Now, I'm not jumping off the WR's bandwagon. I think you'll see an improvement. I'm sure most of these problems will be solved.

Will I cry if we take CJ? Not at all. He'll be a great addition. Do I think it's the best choice for us? Not at all. I think taking him sets us back a year. IF we still had all our picks (2, 3 4) then I'd be all for trading up. We have ONE pick. We better get it right.

Exactly....Our wr corps last year were not very good at all. If your number 2 can't catch at least 1 TD then you have a problem. Lloyd is a bust. Mark my words. Randel el is a solid slot guy, but hes just going to get us 30-40 receptions a year. If we get CJ then we leave randel el at slot and we will be an extremely explosive offense with portis, betts, and cooley. This also makes those trick plays a bit easier because you have 2 speed guys in moss, and CJ, and even if randel els passes arent on the money CJ could jump up and grab it with that 40 inch vertical of his.

Look I understand we need some line, but why not lock up a guy in CJ who we could have for 6-8 years, and then work on the line at the end of the year? We could try free agency, and wed still have all of our picks next year except for our first. Alot of quality guys can be found after the first round. Remember that

If there isn't any top quality D-linemen out there now, what makes you think they're gonna be there come training camp? Maybe a JUne 1st cut, but quality d-linement are hard to find and I don't see anyone ready to release anyone remotely good.

If there isn't any top quality D-linemen out there now, what makes you think they're gonna be there come training camp? Maybe a JUne 1st cut, but quality d-linement are hard to find and I don't see anyone ready to release anyone remotely good.

I meant possibly we could find some guys in the later rounds, and if they don't pan out then we will still have all of our picks next year except for our 1st. If we can keep our 3rd then I believe we could find some quality guys with the 2nd round, and 3rd round. And there is always free agency. Do I think the free agency route will work out for us next year? Who knows. We really wont know if we made good decisions on fletcher, and smoot untill this year, and if they pan out for us then I see no reason as to why we can't get someone in free agency next year that can perform at a high level. We shall see.

The more and more i hear it sounds like we don't even have a chance.We want him bad,but we don't have anything to give up to get him.There are to many other teams that want to move up and they have a lot of ammo.I am now hearing SF might try to move up.They have like 8 first day picks.

If we get calvin Johnson I will run around my block in nothing but my underwear

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd love to see that, come to think of it, no I'd rather not!!!

If we get Johnson I will look like Arnie in Twins, after he got laid the first time!!!!

ok while running around the block in your underwear is impressive...

and so is stapling bologne to your genitals and dunking them in a pool of pirhanas...

my questions is...who is willing to do both at the same time?

now that would be a seriously impressive show of feelings towards our drafting CJ!

although i can't figure out if it's a sign of positive or negative feelings...

I just found a real sleeper if we can trade down. Jarvis Moss DE (Fla) is gonna be a great one in this league. Even though I live in Florida, I've never been high on the gators, but I just saw the highlights on him. Wow, he's got good speed to go with a frame that is a bit light because he was recovering from a staph infection, and a non-stop motor, which is a must for me.

I also discovered another stud DT, one of Moss' team mates. He probably has more true ability than any of the top DT in this draft, but he has some negative baggage also. It turns out his stock has dropped because he got in some kind of trouble and was booted off the team. This same type of thing happened to Lavernious Coles not too long ago, in the Seminoles camp. He ended up slipping down to the 3rd round. I'm talking about Marcus Thomas DT (Fla). If you can, try to watch some film on these two guys.

I really hope we can trade down, because there's a ton of value hidden underneath the hoopla. If we can add a 2nd and 3rd rounder, that would be awesome. Take Moss in late teens or even twenties, get a OG in the 2nd, and then take a chance with Marcus Thomas in the third. We would be set!!!

But if we can't move down, I'd be all over Okoye.

Forget about moving up, that's not wise.

Sorry for the long cut and paste but I read this and agree 100%. First the two lineman from Florida are a big reason they are national champions. The D was tremendous at stopping the run and putting pressure on QB's against top tier opponents known to have good offensive lines. I would actually perfer us getting one of the two and addtional picks.

Both have "character issues." That means some team will steal them later than they should, IF they don't mess up with the law...With the new league rules in effect re: conduct, all teams know this and are ranking them accordingly.

Talked to an Eagles fan at work last night and he said the eagles are high on Jarvis Moss and Merriwhether. I hope we can trade down and take Moss. Moving back lessens the risk a little bit, but even if he messes up, we will still get and additional 2nd rounder to go with it. That almost nullfies the risk!

Now lets hope the front office does something smart, but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived