Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Examiner:"Time for Skins to go all in"

FrFan

Time for Skins to go all in

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - Three things scare me — my doctor’s scale, seeing my late father’s scant hairline in my reflection and agreeing with Dan Snyder.

I’ve made peace with being a middle-aged fat boy, but the prospect of backing the Washington Redskins owner’s choice in Saturday’s NFL Draft means I must be going senile, too.

Snyder wants George Tech receiver Calvin Johnson. This Snider wants Johnson. Check you calendar for the coming apocalypse that must be just four days away.

The Redskins need a defensive lineman badly, but there’s no one truly meriting the sixth choice. Washington could trade down to midround for a defensive tackle plus a second or third choice — which isn’t a bad idea given its many needs — or make a bold trade up for Johnson........

Didn't Snider used to write for the WT? He's really slipping. In this short span, he pretty much blew his credibility away:

but the Lions know they can get him with either Tampa Bay’s (fifth) or Washington’s picks. Given Tampa Bay and Detroit are in the same division

These things aren't that difficult. TB clearly picks #4 - there aren't so many ahead as to create confusion. And did he stop covering football in 2001? That's the last time the Lions and Bucs were in the same division.

What is the Washington Examiner, anyway?

The Redskins need a defensive lineman badly, but there’s no one truly meriting the sixth choice. Washington could trade down to midround for a defensive tackle plus a second or third choice — which isn’t a bad idea given its many needs — or make a bold trade up for Johnson........

I just found a real sleeper if we can trade down. Jarvis Moss DE (Fla) is gonna be a great one in this league. Even though I live in Florida, I've never been high on the gators, but I just saw the highlights on him. Wow, he's got good speed to go with a frame that is a bit light because he was recovering from a staph infection, and a non-stop motor, which is a must for me.

I also discovered another stud DT, one of Moss' team mates. He probably has more true ability than any of the top DT in this draft, but he has some negative baggage also. It turns out his stock has dropped because he got in some kind of trouble and was booted off the team. This same type of thing happened to Lavernious Coles not too long ago, in the Seminoles camp. He ended up slipping down to the 3rd round. I'm talking about Marcus Thomas DT (Fla). If you can, try to watch some film on these two guys.

I really hope we can trade down, because there's a ton of value hidden underneath the hoopla. If we can add a 2nd and 3rd rounder, that would be awesome. Take Moss in late teens or even twenties, get a OG in the 2nd, and then take a chance with Marcus Thomas in the third. We would be set!!!

But if we can't move down, I'd be all over Okoye.

Forget about moving up, that's not wise.

I just found a real sleeper if we can trade down. Jarvis Moss DE (Fla) is gonna be a great one in this league.

I'm talking about Marcus Thomas DT (Fla).

Both have "character issues." That means some team will steal them later than they should, IF they don't mess up with the law...With the new league rules in effect re: conduct, all teams know this and are ranking them accordingly. I doubt you will see either be drafted by Cincinnati!

Read this...

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10142779

It talks about both of them and the reasons they were dismissed from the Football team...

---------------

Back to the thread, I would LOVE to get Calvin Johnson in B&G. He is a sure fire Pro Bowler. I just don't think we have what it takes to trade up to get him and I am still holding out hope that our FO is wising up re: draft picks, team needs and mortgaging the future.

Time for Skins to go all in

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - Three things scare me — my doctor’s scale, seeing my late father’s scant hairline in my reflection and agreeing with Dan Snyder.

I’ve made peace with being a middle-aged fat boy, but the prospect of backing the Washington Redskins owner’s choice in Saturday’s NFL Draft means I must be going senile, too.

Snyder wants George Tech receiver Calvin Johnson. This Snider wants Johnson. Check you calendar for the coming apocalypse that must be just four days away.

If we somehow get CJ, I'll be nice to my mother-in-law for a month! Umm, well, maybe just a week, until he makes his first Pro Bowl. THEN I'll be nice to her for a month!

I can't wait till next week when the draft is over, just so I know what exactly happens. I can't take it anymore and it's only Tuesday.

Only Tuesday...

I think people have been sayin....I cant take waiting for the draft anymore...and the Super Bowl hasnt even started yet...

Obviously you don't know the implications of taking Johnson. We would be the Washington CalvinJohnsons. Forget about it dude, its not going to happen anyways. And THANK GOD! Snyder has run this team into WAY to many 5-11 seasons. I don't want to see the Washington PettingZoo. I want to see the Redskins. I want them to win. CJ detracts from the possibility now and in the future due our horrible personnel decisions. This would be the epitome of them all because of the cost of it.

Dude, you are nuts. And so is Snyder if he really wants CJ.

Archived