Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dealing the 6th pick for Jenkins and the 14th

brandies

http://www.gbnreport.com/

There are also some rumblings that Washington might be willing to deal the 6th pick overall to Carolina in exchange for the 14th selection and DT Kris Jenkins.

Jenkins along with Jamaal Anderson DE 6-5, 280 Arkansas

would be nice.

This trade will NEVER happen, it makes too much sense for the 'Skins.;)

Actually, if we are going to trade our 6th pick, this is the best option that I've seen. Please, please, let it happen.

Give me Kris Jenkins and S Michael Griffin (Texas) and this is a successful draft. I think Griffin is just as good a safety as Landry. Landry was not widely known as the top safety till he ran a 4.35 at the combine (Griffin ran a 4.45). The good thing, we are not drafting guys to run 40 yard sprints for us, we are drafting people to play football, and I believe Griffin is just as good a player as Landry.

I don't know about this....Jenkins will be able to contribute max 2 years IMO due to injuires and a high salary....I'd rather move down to 14 and get their 2nd rounder as well as opposed to taking Jenkins. That 2nd rounder would contribute here far longer then Jenkins would.....

I was wondering why we had not heard any rumors of this trade when carolina first put jenkins on the block.

Is it possible all of the smoke was to hide our real interest in this guy, or is it true that Washington is the last place Jenkins wants to be. Either way, it is curious that we entertain every trade possiblility except the one that makes most sense for us.

If this happens, I'll be very happy. I have some reservations about his injuries though. However getting him and Anderson gives us a front 4 that can stop the run and pressure the QB without a blitz. Basically I think we could become a top 10 defence, if not top 5. And with the offence what it is.............

We become a very dangerous team. Very.

Before we went anywhere near Kris Jenkings I would want to be VERY sure he still had the desire to play and to get and stay in shape. Reports had him skipping workouts and up around the 400lb mark. I just have a feeling that his best football is behind him.

That said he and a DE like Anderson or Carriker would be a nice upgrade on last years line.

Before we went anywhere near Kris Jenkings I would want to be VERY sure he still had the desire to play and to get and stay in shape. Reports had him skipping workouts and up around the 400lb mark. I just have a feeling that his best football is behind him.

That said he and a DE like Anderson or Carriker would be a nice upgrade on last years line.

I was just lookin around and most of the things I saw were teams looking at him have lost interest because of his drinking problem and being over weight. He also hired a personal trainer when he found out he was being shopped.

Jenkins injury history and wanting a high salary doesnt bode well. Problem is the Redskins have created the atmosphere that if you have had any success elsewhere you can come here and get paid...overpaid often. Thus Jenkins is no dummy.

Is he worth an Andre Carter type contract? He is only 28 (when the season starts) and I say he has 4 good seasons left and thats it. He bounced back last year after missing 27 of 32 games in '04/'05 so maybe he's "fresh"?

For some reason he fell out of favor in Carolina...he's not an old man...there must be something else going on.

I'd pass.

I dont want to do this deal. Carolina moves up, drafts a stud and we're stuck with some old, past his prime, drunk, injury prone dude who hates the Redskins, and probably wont even resign with us once his contract is up. I would be pissed if we did this deal.
True, but we would move back only a little and pick up a fairly high draft pick and save some cash. Jenkins is very very good when healthy and in his prime now. If he didn't resign with us it would be fine, because he would be a few years older than 30. From what I hear, he is a drunk and hates the Redskins. That should be enough to kill the deal.

There are certainly positives to be found in this deal, but the price has to be right. For this to make sense for the 'Skins, we have to pay Kris Jenkins for the player he is now, not the beast he can be. We can't afford to pay for a beast and just be taking an overweight, injury-prone player with an alcohol problem off the Panthers' hands. If, that is, those rumors are true.

Archived