Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wireless Internet Gaming Adapters for XBOX 360

heyholetsgogrant

As many of you know, I just bought a XBOX 360 and I am now ready for XBOX live. The only problem is the official XBOX 360 Wireless adapter is $100, which is a complete and utter rip off. Do any of you know of adapters that are significantly cheaper than $100? (BTW I do not have a land line for internet upstairs, only wireless)

Thanks,

-Grant

What router do you have running downstairs? If it has WDS (wireless distribution system) capabilites, then all you'd need is another cheapo WDS capable wireless router to use as a bridge.

I have a Linksys Wireless-N Wireless Router with 4-Port Switch

Model: WRT300N

7806788_rc.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7806788&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat25300050001&id=1142293513898

-Grant

What router do you have running downstairs? If it has WDS (wireless distribution system) capabilites, then all you'd need is another cheapo WDS capable wireless router to use as a bridge.

What I want to know is why the **** you haven't played Gears of War since December 24th?

WTF is wrong with you? :silly:

Seriously, for less hassle, man up and pay 100 bucks for a new one. Satisfy your wireless gaming urge immediately. No waiting for the mail, no getting some used p.o.s. just instant gaming. I feel for you though, having to game wirelessly and all.

With the amount you paid for your router just buy a dang 360 wireless G.

I went on amazon.com and got mine for 85 bucks, but that was my girlfriend's money :)

Now I just need a new 360 to plug it back into

*impatiently awaits the arrival of a new console in the mail*

Yeah, I looked at Ebay, but most of the bidding goes an upwards of $70, which is not far off form a new one. The one you just showed is $70 after shipping..

-Grant

Still cheaper than the 100 dollar one, and it's brand new, and you would be buying it from a power seller. Those guys usually don't **** you over. I'd take it.

With the amount you paid for your router just buy a dang 360 wireless G.

I went on amazon.com and got mine for 85 bucks, but that was my girlfriend's money :)

Now I just need a new 360 to plug it back into

*impatiently awaits the arrival of a new console in the mail*

Im going on the 29th to get the new 360 elite. Crappy thing is you cant pre-order it and once its out of stores they arent making more. April 29th.

Im going on the 29th to get the new 360 elite. Crappy thing is you cant pre-order it and once its out of stores they arent making more. April 29th.

I am awaiting my 3rd console from microsoft this week, my first two bricked.

I was going to ask if I could tape 80 bucks to the top of my dead console when I sent it to them and they send me the elite back. I am not sure that would of flown far.

The elite is tempting but I will be able to cope (maybe).

BUY A WARRANTY!!!!

I have the same router as you, and use this linksys wireless g gaming adapter on my playstation 2 with no problems what so ever.

LINK

Easy to setup and use. I dont think linksys makes a wireless N gaming adapater yet as the N technology is still pretty new, i think :)

Damn Reic that blows. Good thing you did have that warranty! BTW what happened to your other 2?

Was it that damn Guitar Hero 2 patch that ****ed up alot of ppl's machines?

My first was a launch day console and it died about 2 weeks before my original warranty ran out, I put in madden 07 and it froze and red lighted me.

I received my 2nd before christmas and yeah, that Guitar Hero 2 patch got a kill shot on my console, luckily they extended all the warrantys for a year so I am covered until December of this year. I am going to buy another 2 years once I save up an extra 60 bucks.

Archived