Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andy McKee "guitar drifting"

Prosperity

I have no idea how this guy is playing, but damn its just so good. Take a look yourself...

don't be a ***** listen to the whole thing

Liberty,

You should check out Michael Hedges. He was playing like this, but much better as far back as 20 years ago. I waslucky enough to see him live a couple of times before he was tragically killed in a carwreck a few years ago. Here's a link to Mike on youtube, but you need to check out his CDs to really appreciate him. Mike was unbelievable. RIP.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michael%20hedges&search=Search

As someone mentioned, check out Michael Hedges, who really mastered the harmonic guitar style. This guy is pretty good, but folks may want to check out other guitar players with a similiar style before they make a fuss over this guy's song.

I'd recommend two albums, as a start, by Hedges: Breakfast in the Field and Aerial Boundaries. They are both excellent.

Liberty,

You should check out Michael Hedges. He was playing like this, but much better as far back as 20 years ago. I waslucky enough to see him live a couple of times before he was tragically killed in a carwreck a few years ago. Here's a link to Mike on youtube, but you need to check out his CDs to really appreciate him. Mike was unbelievable. RIP.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michael%20hedges&search=Search

Will do...

Pretty decent open-tuning fretwork. Would sound much better with a bongo player and little more articulation on the notes/chords. IOW, stop smacking the guitar for show.

heh...I was thinking more along the lines of: just play a piano, with bongos. That little 3 minute piece could be pretty sweet on a piano, with some percussion backing it up.

Pretty cool...I enjoyed the harmonic keys he used.

heh...I was thinking more along the lines of: just play a piano, with bongos. That little 3 minute piece could be pretty sweet on a piano, with some percussion backing it up.

Pretty cool...I enjoyed the harmonic keys he used.

Yup. A piano, a 12-string, and a nasty 3-pce and that "little 3 minute" joint would straight rock.

I have a 12-string.

Archived