Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins interested in ANOTHER receiver (Ted Ginn Jr.)?

ceviker

Ok this is seriosuly getting outta control:

Per NFL.com (here's the link ):

"Ted Ginn Jr. worked out on April 11 and ran his 40s in 4.38, 4.44 and 4.45. The Redskins are also coming in for a private workout April 16. They'll bring their quarterback Jason Campbell to throw to him."

Its on the 'Newsmaker' part on the right hand side of the screen.

Now, this coupled with the CJ rumors and today's Bowe rumors, I think its apparant that the 'Skins want another weapon for Jason Campbell. Maybe we realize that CJ is not going to be able to happen and we still want the second best thing.

Its one thing for the CJ thing to be a smoke screen and even the Bowe thing, but this is the 3rd receiver we're hearing about - something's gotta give.

I'm personally all for CJ and even Bowe, but Ginn is the same type of player as El and Moss. Thoughts?

This could mean we are looking to go after a receiver or this could just be one of many draft tactics that teams use. JLC called this the season of lies so I wouldn't say that this definitely means we are going after CJ or Bowe or any other receiver.

I am not a fan of Ginn tho. Agreed that he is a Randle-El/Moss type player and we should go with a bigger, more physical possession type guy.

People still haven't given up attempting to predict what the team is going to do with the draft.

Remarkable.

I think it's fair to say the FO is evaluating every single scenario. Which is a good thing.

What will be telling isn't who the Redskins have scouted, interviewed or hosted personal workouts.... but who they actually draft.

And we can talk about it soon enough.

People still haven't given up attempting to predict what the team is going to do with the draft.

Remarkable.

I think it's fair to say the FO is evaluating every single scenario. Which is a good thing.

What will be telling isn't who the Redskins have scouted, interviewed or hosted personal workouts.... but who they actually draft.

And we can talk about it soon enough.

Thank GOD. I feel like I'm gonna be one of those crazy guys who can't sleep and keep mumbling stuff about the draft soon enough.

Ok this is seriosuly getting outta control:

Per NFL.com (here's the link ):

"Ted Ginn Jr. worked out on April 11 and ran his 40s in 4.38, 4.44 and 4.45. The Redskins are also coming in for a private workout April 16. They'll bring their quarterback Jason Campbell to throw to him."

Its on the 'Newsmaker' part on the right hand side of the screen.

Now, this coupled with the CJ rumors and today's Bowe rumors, I think its apparant that the 'Skins want another weapon for Jason Campbell. Maybe we realize that CJ is not going to be able to happen and we still want the second best thing.

Its one thing for the CJ thing to be a smoke screen and even the Bowe thing, but this is the 3rd receiver we're hearing about - something's gotta give.

I'm personally all for CJ and even Bowe, but Ginn is the same type of player as El and Moss. Thoughts?

I agree, I am all for CJ or trade down and get Bowe but Ginn Jr......no way! He's even smaller than our smallest smurf. Santana is listed at 5'11", 185 while Ginn Jr. is listed at 5'11" 178. And top of that Ginn isn't as quick as Moss, he runs more like a sprinter in track and field. I worry about him getting in and out of cuts. He only really ran slants and drags across the middle at OSU so his route-running is suspect. Plus with his foot still bothering him, he toughness/durability needs to be called into question. But I can't wait for the draft to be here cause the suspense is killing me.

I agree, I am all for CJ or trade down and get Bowe but Ginn Jr......no way!

I don't want a WR, but if we went that way I would stay away from Ginn. I have no concrete reasoning, but I just have a feeling that he is not going to be as good of an overall player as a lot of people think. Don't get me wrong, he is very talented, but he may get picked too high for what his production may end up being IMO.

If we go WR, go with Bowe! I think Bowe is going to be an excellent player in the NFL. As much as I do not really want another receiver, I actually would not mind trading down, getting some extra picks and selecting Bowe. I have no idea what we would do with all of our receivers, but like I said, Bowe is going to be a player.

Ginn is going to be the next Devin Hester, as in if he is going to make it the league it will be as a returner. The good news is he is already a polished returner and has more speed then Hester. The bad news is he will probably end up playing WR like a Peter Warrick or Desmond, no last name needed, a sub 6' who never ran great routes in college and got by on pure athleticism.

I think the Front Office is just trying to confuse the hell out of everyone.. including themselves. :silly:

I hate to say it but I agree, I mean how many supposed offensive playmakers do we need to throw to? Cooley, ARE, Moss, Lloyd, and a few dump-offs to Portis, and not to forget when you get Sellers in the mix.

If we really want to go Wr, then you either grab the Stud of the draft or sign a proven stud, the team need is D lineman and that should be the focus with this 1st pick...

Archived