Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT "'Skins Wise to bring in Russell"

FrFan

Please, tell me this is in jest

Quick, without looking, name me either one of LSU's featured backs last year, neither of whom even gained 450 yards or scored more than 6 TDs

On the flip side, in 2004, Ronnie Brown ran for 913 yards and 8 TDs, and Cadillac Williams ran for 1,165 yards and 12 TDs. Oh, and both were top 5 picks.

Now, if you want to make the argument that LSU's run game took just as much pressure off Russell as Auburn's did Campbell, you go right on ahead. I will not stop you :laugh:

Seriously, what difference does it make if the production is about the same. I won't try to argue that Auburn's running backs weren't better but that doesn't mean that LSU's line wasn't better. The fact is the production of LSU's running game was only marginally less than Auburn's and on a per carry basis it was better.

And explain to me again why you downplay the fact that LSU's receivers were head-and-shoulders above Auburn's?

Seriously, what difference does it make if the production is about the same.

So Julius Jones and Marion Barber as much pressure off of Tony Romo sits to pee as LT took off of Phillip Rivers?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

M&W, you need to start looing at the facts that are being placed right in front of you. If Jason Campbell had the receivers that Russell had in college along with the same offensive system for his two years as a starter, then he would have blown him out of the water and he still had a better QB rating.

What does that have to do with winning 8 home regular season games? Tell me how we can do that. Most of these Coaches might not even be here in 3-4 years. So who cares how a draft prospect feels about the 3-4. Now if you had incite on how the Giants QB felt or Indys then use that. But to get something like that for reference 3-4 yrs down the road from a college perspective. No matter. Answer this if we can't play bump and run with our corners, then how do we play Cover 2. The cover 2 has been known to slow high tempo offences down. Or if Fletcher can't cover 30 yards down field then how do you cover the holes in the middle.

The Giants and Philly have been crossing us up, and we haven't figured it out. Yes they are crossing us (our secondary) up. I wish I could say good thread. Ok if it makes you feel better, I’ll internalize how I really feel about this thread, and say good thread. Do you feel better? Now the truth, this thread is no more than courting consensus. What Russel should have asked them was how did our assistant Coaches get their butt handed to them out in Seattle in the 05 divisional playoffs.

And know body had a vision about Springs inability to go but Seattle. Oh I love Springs, but he wasn't 100% hadn't been the entire 05 season. The Redskins knew it the League knew it and Seattle schemed it. And what's going on with that screwed up DL that can't produce consistent pressure? And what will be the adjustment when Fletcher starts getting caught in the wash and loss in the spin cycle. Well if you don't get a big body that can help keep those Offensive Guards and Centers off of Fletcher, he won't have to worry about deep middle in the Cover2, because he'll be steps behind from fatigue (sense people like to use the perm fatigue a lot). And tell me about that screwed up OL out there that takes turns making mistakes that are crucial and stall drives. Uh, can you tell me that?

Can you talk about that? Unless we fix those deficiencies we are going know where fast. Remember teams will only be better this year so we have some work to do. BLUFF at some point you have to understand that this game is about innovation and adjustments; you must have vision and be able to scheme during the game and make adjustments. What adjustments did we make coming out at the half last year?

None! Oh yeah it takes players too but you have to coach them into the right position. I think that all includes Coaching. Hell we have the best people at the offensive skill positions in the league with back ups eready to go. What I want to know is when do we start coaching? But the 3-4 is important because Dallas will be bringing it. But as you all should know there are other priorities that must be addressed like dealing with the 4-3. Hell, our Red Zone Offense can't even deal with a simple 4-3 and how do we beat the Cover2, which Chicago supposedly runs well. You can't walk on the field and expect magic to happen.

If Jason Campbell had the receivers that Russell had in college along with the same offensive system for his two years as a starter, then he would have blown him out of the water and he still had a better QB rating.

And yet, Jason Campbell was a projected mid to late second rounder (which is why I'm still shocked that Washington traded up so far for him), while Russell is the projected #1 overall pick

Obviously, the NFL scouts and coaches know something you don't

Archived