Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with a video driver....

TC4

I need some help finding a video driver

The chipset is Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL

I want to see if there is a video driver for this set that is newer than 11/14/05

I got the driver with that date from Gateway, the maker of my computer, but I need something newer if possible

My problem is that I am playing Galactic Civilaztion II: Dark Avatar, an expansion pack update to GCII: Dread Lords (Kick ass PC strategy game by the way), and the problem is that parts of my ships are showing up as white

I am adding some pics, the ship on the left of each pic I built in the game's ship builder. It's called an Imperial Warhawk, from the Dread Lords game, showing how my ships would look normally, and on the right of each pic is it's Dark Avatar counterpart, showing the parts that are white

Now the guy on the GC2 message board who told me to update the driver checked out the code from the game's debug file and told me that I needed new drivers

What made me so mad was I chatted with someone on the Gateway website's and the guy I chatted told me that I needed a new video card after I told him about the game issue, but he seemed to think the game wasn't running at all, and then then proceeded to tell me about this great deal that Gateway had on one :mad:

I then chatted someone else who gave me a link for drivers on the Gateway website, the ones that were dated 11/14/05, but I downloaded those and no luck, so I am hoping there are newer drivers

Does anyone think they can help me please?

Thanks!!!!

Those worked perfectly!!!!

And to think that those damn people at Gateway probally tried to make me think the "latest" driver was from 11/14/05, just to get me to buy a new video card from them :cuss:

Last summer those chat guys there tried to get me to get a new 1 Gig RAM chip from them when I went on there to ask about my RAM

I ended up getting a new 1 Gig RAM chip from Staples for about $40 less :D

Newegg FOR THE WIN BABY!
If you want computer parts, dont buy them from a big assembler like Gateway or Dell for sure.

Once you know, you Newegg(www.newegg.com).

i 2nd that... newegg is a good place

I'm thinking of building my next computer and Tiger Direct has some good prices on a few things. I checked Newegg as well. Anything bad to say about TigerDirect before I take the credit card plunge?

Tiger Direct seems to be a decent place: they have been in business for a long time and a have a good RMA policy. And their prices are much better than in the past.

I would also recommend to check out the price charts -via "Real Time Pricing" - at www.anandtech.com for pricing, reviews, and other online stores (such as ZipZoomFly and MWave).

Tiger Direct seems to be a decent place: they have been in business for a long time and a have a good RMA policy. And their prices are much better than in the past.

I would also recommend to check out the price charts at www.anandtech.com for pricing, reviews, and other online stores.

Thanks bro:cheers:

I'm gonna compare some more prices before I buy. Thanks for the link.

Archived