Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJT "Rumors: Redskins might trade picks with Packers"

FrFan

Trading down to 16 is unacceptable ... the Skins will get a Rocky McIintosh player at that spot ... the Skins can only trade down if they stay in the top 10 if they want an impact player ... anything less than Hall, Okeyoe, or Carriker will be a disaster.

So what happens if Rocky turns into a stud?

If no one wants to deal with us. Heck with it take Calvin Johnson and use him as bait, If All else fails... we have a group of WR's to deffinately smile about.

I really liked the defense when they were swarming after the ball, then last year the defense broke. :(

GB's #16, #47 and #109 = 1506

Wash #6 = 1600

forget it.

As I said in another thread here, I would start with #16, #47 and OG Darryl Colledge for #6 and our 5th rounder.

We could then use #16 and #47 to move up to get one of the big 4 DL's.

For example:

1) #16 and #47 would be enough to get to #8 (Houston),

2) #16 and #47 could net #12 and #74 from Buffalo

Are you deranged CB ... Rocky couldn't even beat out Holdman ... he is a bust if I ever saw one.

And Carlos Rogers couldn't beat our Walt Harris until injury allowed him to creep into the lineup...he had a lot of dropped picks last season but for having to cover the other team's #1 all last season with safeties that didn't have meetings with the corners (and were reading different things from the offense) he did a very good job, a better job than anyone here is willing to give him credit for. A lot of the time when he was getting burnt it was becasue he was expecting safety help but the safeties were not reading the same part of the offense.

The bottom line is Gregg Williams does not like to start rookies. Look at McIntosh's few opportunities for playing time in the last 2 weeks:

@ St. Louis he had 10 tackles, all solo.

vs. New York he had 7 tackles, 5 solo.

Give the kid a chance before you label him a bust. He will more than likely be our starter next season. Let him play a full season then see how good or bad he is.

STOP IT!! OKOYE IS 19 YEARS OLD AND NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE IN THE NFL!! STOP IT!! STOP IT!! STOP IT!!

It definitely helps to know the rules. He's eligible because he's three or more years removed from high shool... which he started when he was 12.

I love this guy Okoye because he truly is SUPER SMART.

The chart is precisely accurate in part because it invalidates the logic you attempt to utilize, therefore providing a level measure to the inexact science of trading draft picks. Individual team values of players through their draft grade are widely variable and meaningless. As an example, Peterson may have a grade as the best player in the draft for our team and for the Packers. Even where it matches, the Packers are not paying the price for the No. 1 pick, but, the No. 6 pick. Where there is agreement in grade, a team may be willing to pay more for such a pick, but generally only slightly.

But, the chart is the measure by which trades are made. The Redskins had Campbell graded more highly than other teams, and more highly than the No. 25 pick. But, the trade was for the value of the No. 25 pick, not for what other teams thought of the player ultimately taken or for what the Redskins thought.

I think your "logic" is inaccurate, but let me see if I can rephrase what you are saying in a way that everyone will understand. The "chart", from my understanding, is a model that teams use to assess the relative value of draft picks. It's not "accurate"... It's a model... There is a big difference. I think the stumbling block is your use of the word "accurate". The "chart" is likely used as a starting point in any trade negotiations. As some have mentioned, some drafts may be stronger than others... but, still... the same model is used for assessing present day and future draft picks. The chart is a stab at fairness, but not "accuracy".

I'm sure someone did a statisitcal model of past drafts in order to develop the draft chart (I think the 1st one was attributed to the Jimmy Johnson). So it does provide a level of objectivity for valuing trades....

HOWEVER

1) There are differences in each draft class, so each team may choose to adjust the value of a given pick based on players available....but I still imagine that the chart is the basis before any adjustments are made

2) The statistical model used to develop this chart surely had some underlying assumptions, which if done by each team would inevitably lead to different results. In order to back test the model, someone had to assign grades to the players selected in different rounds in order to determine the value of a pick. In addition, the contract value of a given pick was not likely included in the valuation, which some teams may see as a large factor in a choices value, while other team may not care about....

In summary....

There is a basis for the chart, and teams probably use it as a basis for all trades, but there is quite a bit of subjectivity involved, so taking it as the letter of the law doesn't really make sense....

Lots of fun speculation, BUT, if any of these deals get done, they will be done while we have our 15 minutes on the clock. Not before. It all depends on who is available after the fifth pick, and how badly some other team wants that particular player. If you were GM, and you had your top choice available at the time your turn in the draft came up, would you draft your top choice, or would you trade down?

For the Skins, unless we can sign a stop-gap guard between now and the end of April, trading down (assuming someone will trade with us), is the better option. We draft a second tier DL with the lower first round choice, and a guard with the second round choice. Anything else is gravy compared to what we have today.

:logo:

I agree with everything except one, More than likely we will trade with somebody in around the mid teens, at the postition we could still get a top tier DL as well as a very good prospect G.

The coaching staff obviously did NOT think that Rocky was good enough to take the starting role away from Holdmann. That doesn't bode well for him. However, with all the chaos on the coaching staff this past season it's anyone's guess as to what the true reason was.

But with holdmann out of the picture one could only assume that the job will go to Marshall over Rocky with the recent aquisition of Flecter to start at MLB. Washington will keep his original position and they will move Marshall back to OLB. I'm sure there will be an open competition in camp for that spot, but I'm also sure the GW will go with the 'saavy vetern' over a second year player.

Does that mean that Rocky is a bust? No, I don't think so. He's just a victim of circumstances he cannot control.

That would be like saying that Stan Humpries was a bust because he didn't take the job away from XXX while he was here in Washington. Stan lead the chargers to a super bowl, so I don't consider him a bust...

STOP IT!! OKOYE IS 19 YEARS OLD AND NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE IN THE NFL!! STOP IT!! STOP IT!! STOP IT!!

lol, do you actually know anything about football? You have to be 2 years removed from highschool in order to be eligible for the NFL.

Okoye is a senior at Lousiville.

Archived