Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Brady Quinn's stock help us ? (from Redskins scout) please merge

FrFan

Brady Quinn

Do the Skins Bly in?

Should the Redskins continue to pursue Dre’ Bly? Should they trade the 6th pick now or wait until draft day? Will Denver be willing to part with enough to warrant trading the 6th pick? Will the Skins get fleeced again in a trade? Or will they continue to show their new found fortitude and play hardball? Why trade for Bly at all now Smoot has signed?

All good questions.

Up until three days ago I was of the same opinion as many – stay at #6 until draft day, see who drops to #6, field offers and auction off the pick to the highest bidder. If the Skins get a good deal take it – especially if it means dropping down a few picks at a time and acquiring much needed additional draft choices. There was the possibility of Brady Quinn and/or Adrian Peterson dropping to #6. Minnesota (#7), Houston (#8), Miami (#9) and even Green Bay (#16) would be interested in QB Quinn. Houston, Buffalo (#12), Green Bay ......

Good article. I'm torn on what to do. I think you hang on to the pick unless Denver really ups there offer. I like the thought of getting both third round picks along with there first and second. You can add some good quality depth with three extra picks on day one. It is going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out. I must admit for the first time it looks like our front office is in control of the situation. I hope and pray they don't mess it up somehow.

Keep the pick until draft day, then see what trades could work out. Possibly get a mid 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round. Believe me, if there is someone on the board at 6 that another team really wants, the Redskins could swing this type of a deal. Hopefully things work out and we end up getting a good draft class, because we haven't been doing that in years.

Great article by Scout.com.

I'm just loving that we really do have a ton of options here, and that we really can do what we need to do to bring this team back to perform on a championship level. We're so quick to jump on the FO about our acquisitions last year, but most of them are the reason why we feel comfortable at most positions. Now we have the opportunity to focus on only a couple of other positions to get the ball rolling.

Whatever Marquis player that falls to us at six including Quinn, Calvin Johnson, or Adrian Peterson will provide different trading down possibilites. All of the above players are coveted by different teams who pick within the next 10 spots below us. One of those player should fall to #6 and then we should get a good deal to trade down.

Todd McShay from Scouts Inc believes the lions will take Brady Quinn with the 2nd pick

1. WR- is not a option

2. Have 3 legit RBs- no RB

3. Picked up george foster- no OT

But will the Lions part ways with the opportunity to mold a young OL like Joe Thomas? The guy is supposed to be a phenom! Part of me hopes Quinn falls to us so we have even more options. I can almost guarantee you that the Raiders pick up CJ with the first pick.

Why not just keep the pick we have, draft the stud Adams, and be done with it. For one, the Skins go out and get what they need in free agency anyway. Unless another team is willing to trade all their early picks to move in to the #6 spot, screw 'em! It wasn't too long ago that Spurrier kept anouncing that we had traded down, again and again. The pick, Ramsey.

Not bad for a duplicate post wish some would bother to at least look cause i made the same post over 2 hours ago

http://redskins.scout.com/2/625529.html

Not to be or sound rude, but what is it with you and so many others on this board that go out of their way to nitpick others. What did he ever do to you..? Yes I do agree that he probably should have done a better job of seeing if this has already been posted. But does that give you the right to get up on your soap box and take a shot at him. Did he sleep with your wife..? If not, then what’s the big deal? Step off. This board has Mods to take care of things like this. Let them do their job. If you want, send one of them an IM. But again, what is the point at taking a shot at him? What did he ever do to you?

Let’s remember why we are here in the first place. All of us for the most part are fans of the best football team in the NFL, The Washington Redskins!!! So lets try to get along and be a bit more respectful of each other. :2cents:

But will the Lions part ways with the opportunity to mold a young OL like Joe Thomas? The guy is supposed to be a phenom! Part of me hopes Quinn falls to us so we have even more options. I can almost guarantee you that the Raiders pick up CJ with the first pick.

you shouldn't bet any money on that - their drafting a QB.

Keep the pick until draft day, then see what trades could work out. Possibly get a mid 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round. Believe me, if there is someone on the board at 6 that another team really wants, the Redskins could swing this type of a deal. Hopefully things work out and we end up getting a good draft class, because we haven't been doing that in years.

Right here is your answer.

Good post, XR83. But 7 posts in a year? You need to chime in more. You obviously know what the hell's going on. :cheers:

Archived