Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Talk Is Cheap, Let's Do Something (HOF Nominations)

Ax

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.jsp

Any fan may nominate any qualified person who has been connected with pro football in any capacity simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Pro Football Hall of Fame

2121 George Halas Drive NW

Canton, Ohio 44708

It costs less than 42 cents. Enter as often as you like.

Of course, it would have more impact if we could get as many people as possible to mail one at the same time, on numerous occassions throughout the year.

I would suggest separate letters for each individual nominated. Also, I would think for guys like Chris Hanburger the letter should be marked,

Attn: Veterans Committee

Any takers?

Thoughts?

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/SelectionProcessFAQ.jsp

Each year, the Selection Committee will be polled three times before the Final List of Preliminary Nominees is determined. The Initial Preliminary List of nominations is compiled and sent to the Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee by March 1.

The Second Preliminary List is sent to the selectors during the month of September that includes all the nominees named on the earlier list plus any additional nominations received from any source since the first list was compiled.

The Third Preliminary List of eligible candidates is sent to the Board of Selectors during the month of October for the purpose of the selection of the Modern Era semi-finalists for election. From the Third Preliminary List the Selection Committee is asked to vote for 25 Modern Era Semifinalists.

It appears that any nominations to the Hall should be done before March 1st.

After that, it would appear that the swarm of "Support________" should be focused on the voters, and the publications they work for, by March 1st for the first time. September, and then October.

Then randomly thereafter.

Dear fellow Extremers,

We can ***** and moan until the earth floods about Art Monk not getting into the Hall. But it is time someone organizes an effort to let our displeasure to be heard far and wide. The induction ceremony would not be proper and would bring disgrace.

However a major letter writing campaign to the point of being a big pain in the ass to the Hall and the voters, or better yet the employers of the Hall voters. A simple fact sheet on Monk could be developed and mailed until they are sick or seeing it.

Someone with the time and means needs to develop a mailing list and we as members need to put our anger over this into actual motion.

Anyone got the nuts? :point2sky -And this guy needs to be changed to 81

Dear fellow Extremers,

We can ***** and moan until the earth floods about Art Monk not getting into the Hall. But it is time someone organizes an effort to let our displeasure to be heard far and wide. The induction ceremony would not be proper and would bring disgrace.

However a major letter writing campaign to the point of being a big pain in the ass to the Hall and the voters, or better yet the employers of the Hall voters. A simple fact sheet on Monk could be developed and mailed until they are sick or seeing it.

Someone with the time and means needs to develop a mailing list and we as members need to put our anger over this into actual motion.

Anyone got the nuts? :point2sky -And this guy needs to be changed to 81

The induction ceremony would be a disgrace, huh? Maybe, but Monk not getting in is more of a disgrace and you/we can write and type until our fingers bleed and it won't make a difference because these POS voters already know how we feel.

A protest at the HOF is the only way to clearly send a message and I know that's not going to happen. As far as your thread title? Practice what you preach.

Nah, you want to make waves... get ten thousand people in Art Monk jerseys to form a protest wall in Canton, blockading the HOF. Have signs like, there will be no reception, until the receptions leader is invited in.

Honestly, the voters being journalists love the notoriety and can't be shamed. You don't think they have been beseiged in the past? Many of them brag about receiving the angry letters from Redskin fans in their collumns.

I think the nominating letters, sent before march 1st, is the way to get guys like Chris Hanburger back on the tongues of the committee.

The Swarm letters would be sent to the voters place of employment, not just the voters themselves. Say if they work for a newspaper, the letters could be addressed to everybody in the building (we'd draw straws as to who would send to who) that way they'd have a hard time filtering them out. If the sports guy of the paper is the only one aware of what's going on, it's easier to ignore. If everybody from the mailroom to the top floor corner office is flooded with paper, who knows?

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/selectionprocess.jsp

Pro Football Hall of Fame

2121 George Halas Drive NW

Canton, Ohio 44708

It costs less than 42 cents. Enter as often as you like.

Of course, it would have more impact if we could get as many people as possible to mail one at the same time, on numerous occassions throughout the year.

I would suggest separate letters for each individual nominated. Also, I would think for guys like Chris Hanburger the letter should be marked,

Attn: Veterans Committee

Any takers?

Thoughts?

I like the idea, Ax. Art Monk probably won't need it, but to get guys like Hanburger and Clark into the minds of the voters would be a good move.

A more organized letter-writing campaign would also be good in March through October.

I have some ideas of my own that I'm mulling over and will probably post tomorrow after I get organized.

Guys, I am willing to do whatever it takes, but I really don't think the letter writing campaign is our strongest approach. I fear that most would just blow it off as "those stupid Redskins fans" and throw the letters in the trash.

What we need to do is make the common man aware of the sham that the HOF voting process has become.

We are the fan base that has made the Washington Redskins the second most valuable sports franchise in the WORLD. We need to pool our resources together and start hitting up some media outlets.

Why not take out ads in various papers across the country? I suggested in another thread we could look into renting billboard space around the HOF and create a protest ad.

Don't get me wrong, I think all of these ideas are great. But I think we need to start thinking bigger.

:helmet:

Archived