Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fight Night: *Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz II*...What's your pick? Updt: Chuck Wins!

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Tonight is the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship between the current champion, Chuck Liddell, and the ever-lurking challenger, Tito Ortiz.

So who do you think wins?

I have Chuck, late in round 3.

Chuck has fists of fury, Tito is a mean ground & pounder. Simple as that. He gets you in full guard and can essentially keep you there to eat elbows and haymakers. Can he get Chuck down?

Chuck came out with a convincing victory last time they met. His confidence and swagger are flurishing right now, and he may be riding his peak as a fighter. His fists are amazing and his awareness is tops in MMA.

Tito got a thumb in the eye right before the barage from Chuck in the last fight. Yet, he also took Chuck down, but Chuck stood up like he just got out of bed. The eye-clip was unfortunate, but most will say Tito was on his way to a loss anyway.

I think Chuck is a bad matchup for Tito. Chuck has a good jaw, and can trade with him all day. He may get a few bruises, but will ultimately dish out more pain. Tito's gameplan better include intensity or Chuck will pick him apart. Tito needs to tackle him hard and shove him in to the mat throwing elbows. Easier said then done, but I'm not going to count Tito out. It should be entertaining.

Here's to hoping it is! :cheers:

Im actually looking more forward to the Forrest Griffin fight. That guys is freaking entertaining. :)

Hes fighting the "Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine who lost to Stephan Bonnar who Forrest beat. Forrest should be able to take care of him no problem.

Im also looking forward to seeing Michael Bisping and Chris Lebens fights, the under card looks like its chocked full of brutal matches it should be a good show.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=326

Hes fighting the "Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine who lost to Stephan Bonnar who Forrest beat. Forrest should be able to take care of him no problem.

Im also looking forward to seeing Michael Bisping and Chris Lebens fights, the under card looks like its chocked full of brutal matches it should be a good show.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=326

Yeah, but Jardine has been getting better and better. I think Griffin will win, but i think that will be just a brutal bloodbath. Good watchin'! :)

Watching it tonight at my brothers house. UFC/Skins game/Beer Pong tourney.

Yeah, but Jardine has been getting better and better. I think Griffin will win, but i think that will be just a brutal bloodbath. Good watchin'! :)

Watching it tonight at my brothers house. UFC/Skins game/Beer Pong tourney.

True Jardine is getting better, but so is Forrest. If Tito wins tonight, that means Forrest did better than Chuck Liddell. Forrest may not be one of the best LHW's in the world, but he's a sure contender in the UFC.

Gosh, am I your brother??

Actually, we're doin the same thing at our house. Beer Pong next to two televisions. If theres 15 seconds left in the 4th quarter right as the fight gets good, I may have to tape the skins game with a camcorder.

I'm going against the grain and picking Tito - I've always liked the Iceman but I think Tito may be getting better. He's been more active lately and that may be the difference.

I agree about Tito being a better fighter than last time. He is definitley sounding as focused and prepared as ever. Let's see if Chuck has prepared for this fight with a 'contenders mentality.' Sometimes champions are too satisfied to train at 200%. Chuck has most likely assessed that, so we should be in for a battle.

I would'nt even call that a takedown by Tito.. I just hate Tito i watched the weigh in last night with him bouncing around jawing putting his finger in Chucks face all Chuck did was look thru him and i knew it was over.. I almost woke up the neighbors I think he coulda ended it in rd1..

I want to see Chuck punish Rampage and i think he's got the motivation after thier 1st fight should be a good battle but Chuck has improved alot since then..

I could'nt believe McDonald handled Herman a few months back and was even more shocked tonight after beating Leben..

And Forrest just took a beating after getting rocked another totally surprising fight..

I think Thiago Alves is gonna be a tough contender here real soon he is very explosive..

Im losing faith in Forrest, I thought for sure he would win that fight. He got destroyed.

I think Thiago Alves is gonna be a tough contender here real soon he is very explosive..

I totally agree, that bout had some great action.

I kinda would have liked to seen Yushin Okami Vs. Rory Singer, the UFC doesnt have many Asian MMA fighters in its main events.

I would'nt even call that a takedown by Tito.

Hmm, Tito had his back, that's all I really remember. Chuck having to stand up with Tito clutched around his back threatening to maybe pull a choke. Tito won round 2, it was pretty clear.

But round 1 was dominated by Chuck. Tito had a big cut above his eye that bled badly considering it was a little after they began. It looked like it needed a dozen stitches. Chuck was one punch away from making the ref stop the fight. Tito came out looking much better than last time, but Chuck has his number.

Archived