Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:Joe Lieberman: Why We Need More Troops In Iraq

Ax

4) Apologize for insinuating that my comments were Anti-Semetic in origin, or at least admit that my original post was a reasonable and defensible statement based in fact, if poorly worded.

If I wanted to call you anti-semetic, I would have. I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and ask him to clarify what he's saying before making an accusation like that.

So far your clarifications have been pretty lousy. Did you mean to say Leiberman takes a very pro-Israel stance? That he favors policy which supports Israeli policy?

That's not what you said. And the fact that you still haven't explained why you didn't say that if that's what you meant to say isn't helping your case. Somewhere in your belligerence I read the phrase 'poorly worded.' So you're saying your original post was poorly worded?

Then I suggest next time, instead of attacking anyone who takes your statements at face value, saying 'that was poorly worded. I meant this.'

If I wanted to call you anti-semetic, I would have. I'd rather give someone the benefit of the doubt and ask him to clarify what he's saying before making an accusation like that.

So far your clarifications have been pretty lousy. Did you mean to say Leiberman takes a very pro-Israel stance? That he favors policy which supports Israeli policy?

That's not what you said. And the fact that you still haven't explained why you didn't say that if that's what you meant to say isn't helping your case. Somewhere in your belligerence I read the phrase 'poorly worded.' So you're saying your original post was poorly worded?

Then I suggest next time, instead of attacking anyone who takes your statements at face value, saying 'that was poorly worded. I meant this.'

In my opinion, Joseph Lieberman - the politician, is firmly in the pocket of the Israeli lobby. There is nothing wrong with this. There is nothing wrong with saying this. Money talks and bull**** walks. In fact, it is reasonably likely that, in the forseeable future, Joe L will abandon his political aspirations and move into the private sector as a "beltway insider"/compensated lobbyist representing Israeli interests. Again, nothing wrong or un-American about it but he will then surely be "doing whatever the Israeli lobby tells him to" as he will be cashing their checks. Of course, he is doing that now, as well.

And, for the record, I DO NOT retract my original post, nor was it "poorly worded". The key word there is "if" - a capitulation to your interpretation of my sentiments.

Henry, you are an intelligent and educated individual, so demonstrate the inaccuracy of my assertions if you wish to challenge them. And bear in mind that this is no "attack".

Archived