Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks a lot Marty

Henry

I don't yet have the stomach to discuss our game, but I have to ask, did anyone else watch the end of the Bolt/Rams game?

Marty lost that game. Plain and simple. Nursing a 10 point lead he punted from the Rams 31 and their 29 in the fourth quarter instead of kicking field goals. He called run plays from 3rd and 13 in Ram territory. And he lost. And he deserved to. And now the Rams are 4-5, just like us.

I don't care how badly Spurrier coached this week. I'm just glad Schottenheimer's gone.

Well, I don't think it's a good idea to fire a coach after one 8-8 season. My opinion was that we never should have hired Marty in the first place, and then we wouldn't have had to fire him.

I haven't yet seen any evidence that would convince me to change that opinion.

The Chargers have some good young talent that John Butler brought in the past 2 years in the draft and free agency.

The team is not, however, good enough to back up a 6-1 record.

The Chargers are a 9-7 or 10-6 team, not 12-4 or 13-3.

They are 6-3 right now and still have Denver, the best team in the AFC West, on the schedule.

A second place finish in the West after 5-11 last season is a nice improvement.

Marty gets his teams to respectable records. You won't see him finish 5-11 too often.

You just won't see him win many playoff games. That has always been his achilles heel.

But if Dick Vermeil could come back and win a Super Bowl after having exhibited a lot of the same discipline/burnout problems with the Eagles that Marty has had with his teams, there is always hope :)

What prevents me from making fun of Marty too much is that the Skins have a lot more talent this year on defense and yet the team has the same record now as it did last year after a 0-5 start.

What prevents me from making fun of Marty too much is that the Skins have a lot more talent this year on defense and yet the team has the same record now as it did last year after a 0-5 start.

Well, I suppose I could counter with the arguement that with less talent on offense our rookie head coach has matched Marty's record through the first nine games despite a much, much tougher schedule. I don't recall seeing any 43-13 or 30-3 losses to 6-10 and 5-11 teams this season.

Can't you guys Leave Marty alone. Marty is a gutty coach who is a proven winner in this league. Anyone who can win 8 out of 11 with Slingin TONY BANKS taking the snaps makes a believer out of me. 2001 schottenhimer redskins after 9 games 4-5. 2002 redskins under the ole ball scratcher 4-5. Go figure.

Bottom line here is Marty was Highly underrated and Danny Dollars new regime is highly overrated.

Can't you guys Leave Marty alone. Marty is a gutty coach who is a proven winner in this league.

Proven winners have rings. Gutty coaches don't punt on the opponent's 29 yard line in the fourth quarter.

Anyone who can win 8 out of 11 with Slingin TONY BANKS taking the snaps makes a believer out of me.

And anyone who goes into the season with a wounded Jeff George and NO viable backup has only himself to blame for needing Tony Banks in the first place.

2001 schottenhimer redskins after 9 games 4-5. 2002 redskins under the ole ball scratcher 4-5. Go figure.

See above.

Bottom line here is Marty was Highly underrated and Danny Dollars new regime is highly overrated.

Marty was rated exactly where he should be. A coach who will win 10 games a season and get crushed in the playoffs every year. You like that, fine. But when his lousy playcalling backs up on us because the Rams are still in the hunt I'm going to get POed.

MARTY didn't do the playcalling here and he DOESN'T do the playcalling in SD.get your facts straight guys!!!!!!!!

our only problem with marty was the QB.

this year it seems to be everything

was george allen(rip) a bad coach??he never won the big one,but his teams always made the playoffs & he's an icon in DC.

MARTY didn't do the playcalling here and he DOESN'T do the playcalling in SD.get your facts straight guys!!!!!!!!

What? Who cares? His teams play the way they play. And yesterday it got him burnt.

our only problem with marty was the QB.

this year it seems to be everything

And yet, as it has been pointed out repeatedly, our record 9 games in is exactly the same. What does that say about Marty?

was george allen(rip) a bad coach??he never won the big one,but his teams always made the playoffs & he's an icon in DC.

Nobody is calling Marty a bad coach overall. But he's a bad coach in big games, like yesterday. He's basically a less talented version of Allen, who at least GOT to the superbowl in less than 10 tries.

Archived