Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2007 Free Agent List for the Redskins...

timdaley73

I dont want a single one of these guys. If Rogers can play like he played and Springs can stay basically the same we will be fine.

Our D-Line can be helped in the draft, we may have a good safety in Fox we will have to wait and see, and we already drafted McIntosh so our LB corps is fine. Dont mess with the defense. These guys need to be in sync next year. You bring in a big name CB or LB and it could throw a wrench into everything. And Freeney...as much as I would love a pass rusher I value a DE who can actually stand up to blockers in the running game too highly to ever want him here. I would actually rather keep Daniels or Carter though I think we should get a project DE who has size and speed...but whatever. I dont want to see more free agents.

I'd like to see us spread our free agency money around to solid backups in the defensive backfield and offensive line and use our first round pick on the DE we need (depending on whats available), but I'm sure we'll end up with at least 2 of those from the list.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Come on! Are you crazy?! Instead of doing all of that, we could spend a $12 million bonus on Dwight Freeney and trade our #1 for a middle linebacker. Why would we want "solid backups"?

I think Nate Clements is the only player we should go after. I dont think Samuel is that good. I know he had 3 picks against Grossman(thats not saying much) but he doesnt impress me. Dwight Freeney is not going anywhere. Colts are keeping him. Lance Briggs is good but I think he might be a bit overrated. It does help you when you're lined up next to the best LB in football(Urlacher).

Well, at first thought, I wanted us to go after Clements. However, like many people have mentioned, he is going to cost a quite a bit.

Although Clements would be the better fit in this system(has the size, and is a better tackler), it would actually help us more to sign someone like Asante Samuels. He would cost a whole lot less, and leave us more room to sign backups.

Now, the only problem with samuels is, will new england let him go? Honestly, I dont see them letting them walk, and I think they will retain him. If that is the case, I dont know what we should do. Because if Clements is going to ask for top 5 money, I honestly dont think he is worth it.

So if that is the case, what do we do at CB? I really would rather draft a DE(Gaines Adams) then having to draft a corner.

but who knows, it is way to early to speculate on this stuff(yet, very fun and addicting :silly: )

Pass on all of them.

Some of you people need to pick up your keyboards and smack yourselves in the head with it. WTF is Freeney going to do with Gregg Williams calling stunts every play and not allowing speed rushers to do their thing? Nothing, that's what. He'd be another over paid bust.

We could use an upgrade at MLB and hope Rocky works out. That's about it unless we can find a very large DE or DT without giving up the farm for him. We'll get more pressure when Williams starts letting the dogs get after their prey like he did at the end of last season.

This team has loads of talent that is being used poorly or simply needs to be given time. We don't need to make a splash anywhere right now.

I think Clements is good but not worth top 5 money. Samuel is very good and won't cost nearly as much. As far as the others...there are some talented LBs there but they are OLB, and what we need is a MLB. Would we really want to pay a guy huge money and then move him into a position he hasn't played before? That is a bit risky. So I say we pick up Samuel and some other guys for depth...no super high priced FAs this year. Then we pick up a DE in the draft; Adams and Moses are both great but I am more inclinded to think about going with LaMarr Woodley from Michigan. First of all he is an absolute beast...great pass rusher and great against the run. Second, I think Adams and Moses might both go too high for us (unless we lose most of the rest of our games). I think they will both be in the top 10. We might squeak in there but again I think they are a bit overrated and Woodley is underrated.

:2cents:

Hey everyone, I read this website a lot at work, and I appreciate all the good discussion about the best team in football, the Washington Redskins! (they just aren't playing well right now)

But anyways. Does anyone think the reason that Rocky hasn't been played up to this point is because GW is grooming him to be the mlb next year? I remember reading that Rocky could play any backer position. His lack of playing time this year is so frustrating considering the coaches only ever have good things to say about him. But, if it were the case, that he's being groomed to be the mlb next year, we could be in the market for a WLB.

Only worry about Nate Clements and Asante Samuel... I don't want all these flashy new players coming in. Look what it already did to our team this season. That would be great, sign all these flashy guys who only see a dollar sign when they look at our logo, and then watch them piss our next season away.

totally agree... no new big dollar players. we sign a top dollar player, last years starter gets to take a seat cause they arent paying a cash money player to go to the bench.. then thats when our d starts rebuilding again and our d has holes in the secondary.......lets work with what we got.. build chemistry so there are no holes on 3rd and long!!!

• CB Nate Clements (Buffalo): Some critics feel the former Ohio State star and 2001 first-rounder has been saving himself for free agency -- and the big payday he figures to pull in -- for the last two seasons, when his play has tailed off. But he has prototype size, runs well, and everyone is always looking for quality corners. After snatching 18 interceptions his first four years, Clements has just three pickoffs the past 1½ seasons. Clements is playing in 2006 on the one-year franchise qualifying offer, and the Bills have an agreement they won't use the marker to retain him beyond this year.

• QB Chris Simms (Tampa Bay): Sure, he's made only 15 career starts, had never thrown more than 10 touchdown passes in a season, seemed to regress early in the year, and is in the midst of rehabilitating from the splenectomy that prematurely ended his 2006 campaign. But damaged goods or not, some team is going to scrutinize the video from his 2005 season and figure that, at age 26, a healthy Simms can be its starter for a long time.

• WLB Cato June (Indianapolis): Since 2003, the Colts have allowed three quality linebackers -- Mike Peterson, Marcus Washington and David Thornton -- to depart in free agency. A former college safety who has grown into one of the NFL's top weakside 'backers over the last three years, June probably is the next one out the door. June averaged 106 tackles and posted six interceptions in his first two years as a starter, and could finish 2006 with more than 150 tackles. The rare edge defender who actually plays better in reverse than moving forward, he is one of the NFL's best coverage linebackers. With the proliferation of Cover 2 defenses, he'll have a nice market.

• WLB Lance Briggs (Chicago): The 2005 Pro Bowl performer is probably a better pure athlete than June, and does a lot of the same things well. Doesn't have as many interceptions, but he gets his hands on the ball a lot, as evidenced by 18 passes defensed in 2004 and 2005, a period in which he also averaged 116.5 tackles. He's a very versatile defender who sometimes gets lost in the shadow of Brian Urlacher, but he's got 80 tackles, one sack, one interception and six passes defensed this season. The Bears made a run at signing him to a contract extension this spring, but negotiations fell apart. Chicago general manager Jerry Angelo probably will take one more shot at completing a new deal, but the consensus is Briggs will be elsewhere in 2007.

Lance Briggs is the go to guy.

Free Agents List

We're the only ****ing fans who get a hard-on over potential free agents in November. Pathetic.

Believe this: the Skins cannot improve by adding one or two big-name free agents. It's a proven ****ing fact. Think of this like a 12-step program for Snyderism addicts -- the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Step two: resign your own guys and add depth before chasing stars. That means locking up guys like Cooley and Taylor before you chase Freeney.

Ground Redskins One!

Archived