Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Potential Defensive Problem

method man

We need #21 to spy Vick. He will think twice about taking off and running knowing Taylor could end his season with one good hit. I hope the coaches figure this out.

No way we let Taylor spy on Vick it would take too much away from our pass defense. We need to insert Rocky to the lineup and let him shadow Vick.

No way we let Taylor spy on Vick it would take too much away from our pass defense. We need to insert Rocky to the lineup and let him shadow Vick.
I think with Rockys lack of experience Vick would break his ankles. I think everyone in the league knows that Taylor likes to hit people and Vick does not want to take a season ending hit. Thats what I think and I am sticking to it.

I agree with you because although the ATL WRs have been dropping a lot of balls, White and Lelie are home run threats. We definitely need ST back there helping our corners with those two speedsters. Rocky would be perfect but, alas, G-Dub is a bit too egotistical to replace Holdman with him. That leaves a couple options, which could possibly work:

1) Have Fox or the SS cover Crumpler and have MW shadow Vick.

Why? MW has the closing speed to track down Vick if he tries to run.

Drawback: Is the SS big enough to cover the 6-2 260 pound TE?

2) Have MW cover Crumpler and let Fox or the SS shadow Vick

Why? MW can shut down Crumpler

Drawback: Is Fox good enough to tackle Vick?

If you put Taylor in to roam the field, take Holdman out and add Vernon Fox and Troy Vincent in the backfield, then you have your problem solved.

Taylor can play the run and pass just as good as Holdman, WHILE spying the qb. Let Taylor use his instincts, because when he does, he is as good as any other defender in the league.

Have 5 dbs in the game, but use Taylor has a half LB/DB!

If you put Taylor in to roam the field, take Holdman out and add Vernon Fox and Troy Vincent in the backfield, then you have your problem solved.

Taylor can play the run and pass just as good as Holdman, WHILE spying the qb. Let Taylor use his instincts, because when he does, he is as good as any other defender in the league.

Have 5 dbs in the game, but use Taylor has a half LB/DB!

Remember that this OL is coached by Alex Gibbs so if Norwood is able to get into the secondary, without ST back there, he is gone but I do like the idea of stacking 8 men in the box. Maybe we could give Archuleta playing time this week on running downs.

Remember that this OL is coached by Alex Gibbs so if Norwood is able to get into the secondary, without ST back there, he is gone but I do like the idea of stacking 8 men in the box. Maybe we could give Archuleta playing time this week on running downs.

See the way I see it is this. If it is a passing down, and Vick does scramble, his mind will be on ST, not the WR down the field. Individual matchups like this is all about intimidation, and thats what ST does best. Ask TO!

We need to get in Vicks head, because thats when he makes mistakes. Vick cannot sit in the pocket and throw, because the WCO does not fit his style of play. He works best on the move. If we have ST darting at him everytime he does it, his passes will be erratic and inaccurate. I think this is the best way to do it.

Vick is a dumb qb with unbelievable talents. So lets make him think more than allow him to use his physical freak of nature talent. If your dumb, your not going to out think a smarter person ;)

Stack eight in the box, have Sean Taylor man-man on Crumpler. This will take away Vicks biggest threat. Then have Springs and Rogers man up the receivers. Fox deep help (just like last game), and then drop the LBs and have the defensive ends play contain and force Vick back into the defensive help.

A combo of man zone is how you beat Vick, one man will not be able to contain him.

i already said this in another thread, vick vs. holdman has bad idea written all over it. i really hope sean taylor ends vick's season this game. id love to see #21 just plow ron mexico harder than he plows hookers in hotlanta.

....you forgot to leave out the word "white" in front of the word "hookers"...

...oh wait...that's his waste-of-talent brother...not Ron Mexico.

Stack eight in the box, have Sean Taylor man-man on Crumpler. This will take away Vicks biggest threat. Then have Springs and Rogers man up the receivers. Fox deep help (just like last game), and then drop the LBs and have the defensive ends play contain and force Vick back into the defensive help.

A combo of man zone is how you beat Vick, one man will not be able to contain him.

I like your ideas. I want to see a lot of Daniels and Wynn on the ends this Sunday sealing off the edges, keeping Vick in the pocket.

Actually, I think our d as it stands currently matches up well with atl. If our dl maintains disciplined in their rush ie. stays in their lanes, ron mexico will have nowhere to run. I would not advocate designating a spy as this takes someone out of coverage. Rush with four…maintain your lanes, and commit the rest to coverage. Make ron mexico win with his arm

1) Have Fox or the SS cover Crumpler and have MW shadow Vick.

Why? MW has the closing speed to track down Vick if he tries to run.

Drawback: Is the SS big enough to cover the 6-2 260 pound TE?

2) Have MW cover Crumpler and let Fox or the SS shadow Vick

Why? MW can shut down Crumpler

Drawback: Is Fox good enough to tackle Vick?

There isn't a SS or LB in this league that can cover Crumpler 1on1.

We need #21 to spy Vick. He will think twice about taking off and running knowing Taylor could end his season with one good hit. I hope the coaches figure this out.

I disagree here, I think that we need Taylor in coverage. I do not disagree with using a spy though. Marshall could be used to spy Vick and limit his running.

:logo:

i already said this in another thread, vick vs. holdman has bad idea written all over it. i really hope sean taylor ends vick's season this game. id love to see #21 just plow ron mexico harder than he plows hookers in hotlanta.

I wouldn't go that far. I'll be satisfied with another win.

Thats what I was thinking. Isn't he our fasterst LB anyway. What a way to get your first start in the league, by spying vick.

Archived