Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Reeling Redskins awash in troubles

JeffSchmeff

he is irrogant. There are players on the bench right now who could help the defense out more. Sit Andre Carter, move daniels back to his DE spot and put Wynn back in at LDE. Put Possie in the middle and move Lemar back to his comfortable position and get Holdman out of there. Thats just a couple of moves to make.

We are all agonizing over a bunch of arrogant millionares. Everyone "important" in this organization has WAY to much cash to play with. As far as I'm concerned these rich f****** brats should pay their salaries to local charities when they lose by more than a touchdown, or lose to a team with a losing record after the halfway point of the season.

BTW, if having the worst defense in the conference does not trim down GW's overweight ego by the end of the season, fire the mother******!

P.S.- Joe Gibbs was always a humble dominator, that's why we love him. But if he can't fix this, he's part of the problem, not the solution.:mad:

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site. Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131906

Please fix you post. Thanks :)

Even in the best of times, there were some insightful and perceptive people on the board who spoke of the arrogance of the coaches (particularly Williams but also of assistants) and the treatment of a few stalwart "Core Redskins" and how that would eventually hurt the team (or was hurting it.) We made a fantastic run last year with the D but we had Arrington, Clark and guys playing on the same page.

It's clear to me that Jackson should be gone TODAY and that maybe we should keep Clark and Arch and see if someone else will step in and not be a complete jackass.

How does Williams let someone turn Taylor into a damn robot on the field?!!? How does Gibbs let Williams let that happen?

Christ, this is a mess BUT it is fixable!

And for all those years of "don't question this staff," you can take that rotted corpse and bury it. No longer can you prop it up and have the rest of us at the dinner table smiling while we pretend we're smelling roses.

gregg williams is a tool.

that ****iness he has to put anyone into his system and itll still dominate has been shoved right up his ass.....has he done anything to change it.

NO. its not our players....its our coaching, they are bumbling retards...and Gibbs isnt doing anything to correct it.

This team needs to fix some things internally....quit getting new players...keep the same ones and win with them...thats the only way to turn it around...

will they do it?

NOPE. WE ARE IN FOOTBALL HELL.

Not saying I dont agree with everyone but this is an unnamed source. That person should have the balls to stand up and speak publicly. Who knows what his agenda is, so before we jump all over williams we should evaluate this ***** who is anonymous.

Right. There were six or seven harsh quotes in this article which might have all come from one disgruntled player. I'm not going to judge Gregg Williams on this kind of article. It's interesting gossip, though.

:doh:

Unbelievable... Joe Gibbs is a Hall of Fame coach, and I would bet my mortgage he is not part of the problem. I think, he knows that players these days have monster egos, so he knows when to relax, and when to ride their asses! Greg Williams has always been a guy who think he's the best thing that's happened since sliced bread.

I was a big supporter of Greg until this year, but I don't see how one safety (Arch) can make a top 10 defense one of the worst in the league.

Greg needs to go at the end of the year and Joe needs to sit down with every player and just say forget Williams, he's done... Move on and play your asses off

:point2sky

By far the best observation and comment on what went wrong! I myself as well as alot of other people have been asking me "how do you get that bad that quick?" Well i totaly understand now. This makes me sick. We all wanted Gibbs to get an offensive coordinator, we all wanted Gibbs to bring in a fresh look and this is what happened. Now I do believe Buegal is no longer able to coach, Blanch is a joke but maybe Gibbs should have not caved in under pressure and let go of his team. The good thing is that all these things are correctable and can be fixed in one off-season. But man :doh: the truth hurts like a Mutha!

That definitley sounded like Springs talking. Remember after the last game he was asked what was wrong and Springs responded with "I don't have enough time to explain the troubles of our D"

Clearly he did to Tom Friend

Anyone remember last year at the end of the Rams game in December where G Williams seemed ready to get into a fight with a coach and that coach was laughing? It was Steven Jackson

I hope Gibbs really has re-asserted himself. Time to stop this CEO BS

Normally I don't trust the media - but fans have been noticing Williams' poor treatment of "core redskins" and his attitude that the players didn't matter for a while now. People also noticed that the DL wasn't going after the passer and trying to play the run always, something that stopped when we won 5 in a row last year. This smells like it has a lot of truth to it because looking at the massive decline of the unit, and the attitude of the player (Bram has commented on it to) there was defintely something going on behind the scenes that wasn't pretty.

If Gibbs is really the CEO of this team, it's time for him to gather his VP's out of their exec offices and remind them that the only person on this team that is 'The Boss' is the only guy in the hall of fame.

That's a hell of an article. Granted, largely built on one anonymous source, but Tom Friend is hardly a hack journalist. I think you'd have to believe its mostly true, and it's somewhat of a relief, because it gives you hope that some of this can be turned around with defensive coaches who don't have their heads up their asses. I can't believe Gibbs is letting that crap stand. I think he cut Gregg Williams a lot of slack for the performance of the D over the last two years, and just didn't put his foot down soon enough.

'largely built on one anonymous source'.....thats kind of a compelling detail, don't you think Todd? I'm not saying there aren't elements of truth in that story, but truth is far more subjective than most believe around here. I'm amazed that nearly every comment in this thread seems to echo absolute acceptance of the contents of the that article as 'the truth'.

You guys should know better. Never believe all that you read. The only people that know are the ones knee-deep in this mess, and even they likely don't universally agree on 'whats going on'. If the author really knew the facts, he wouldn't have to rely on a single anonymous source (one who's motivations we cannot even pretend to know) for his information.

I don't doubt there are problems. You don't find yourself where we are as a team after a promising last year without there being problems. I just doubt this article paints the whole picture.

For the record, I really like Gregg Williams, and I refuse to sell him down the river based on this kind of article.

I'm amazed that nearly every comment in this thread seems to absolute acceptance of the contents of the that article as 'the truth'.

because people want to believe the worse, regardless if it makes sense or not

the Skins are 3-7 so everyone who were smart at 10-6 last season, are now stupid this season

because people want to believe the worse, regardless if it makes sense or not

the Skins are 3-7 so everyone who were smart at 10-6 last season, are now stupid this season

It makes sense to me. Can you dispute any of the points in the article?

It has nothing to do with smartness or dumbness. It has to do with a now disfunctional coaching staff.

I'm amazed that nearly every comment in this thread seems to absolute acceptance of the contents of the that article as 'the truth'.

It's not as if we are a struggling but .500 team and we had no idea there were chemistry issues.

It's been covered repeatedly here and elsewhere about "chemistry between coaches and players," how many players thought Lindsey and Williams mistreated Arrington even if they were right, how Pierce and Clark were allowed to leave in spite of how important they were to the team and how that WILL affect team perception of the coach. Now parts of the article may be news to us, but I trust that part about Steven Jackson even more. Why? Because aside from Clark's absence, it's the only explanation for how horrid Taylor has been (compared to greatness previously.) It's also kind of hard to manufacture the part about separate CB/S meetings.

So, it's not as if all of this is coming out of the blue. Many people have had their suspicions for some time and we even had a poster with a "mutiny on the D" thread. Now, maybe he's not onto something but it would seem a bit odd that he just happened to post that before this article came out and that it isn't accurate.

Does that mean you fire Williams? Maybe not. But you ABSOLUTELY have to fire Jackson and Gibbs absolutely has to bring this team under his full control if we're going to get it fixed. Oh and don't let Williams handle personnel because it's clear that the decisions made were mostly his...

Archived