Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell and #17

Guest RedskinsB40

Guest RedskinsB40

I know I am only 17 but last sunday on tv they said Campbell had to aks Doug Williams to use the number 17 and my dad stated that Billy Kilmer was the first Redskins QB to have #17. Why didnt Campbell ask Billy Kilmer to use that number? I know Im young and I dont know what this answer is can someone please tell me without being a jerk.

DW won a superbowl, but that is only part of the answer. DW didn't have to ask anybody because the number isn't retired, but Jason asked him to be polite. It was actually Dan Snyder that asked DW. DW had not problem with it, but he did say that dinner was on Jason.

Kilmer had a chance to beat the 72 Dolphins but threw a ball into the goal post (back when they were on the goal line) as a wide open receiver was waiting on it and led us to a total of 0 pts in the Super Bowl VII (we scored on a blocked FG return for TD)

i dont remember the posts being that way , too young i guess , but i have seen a lot of old films when they were that way , lol moving them to where they are now was one of the best things done in the game , its like an extra defender out there if it was still in the front

Archived