Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laxpunk2006

When will Rocky Start?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

I already know that 90% of the board feels (myself included) Rocky should get the start by now. He sheds blocks, plays with energy, and can probably even tackle. But that's not the question. Do you think he actually will this year? And if so what week?

gibbs.jpg

I already know that 90% of the board feels (myself included) Rocky should get the start by now. He sheds blocks, plays with energy, and can probably even tackle. But that's not the question. Do you think he actually will this year? And if so what week?

I think the coach was planning to ask Williams for permission today. Not sure what he said...we'll find out Sunday.

I already know that 90% of the board here (myself included) agrees that Rocky should be starting by now. However for whatever reason he isn't. This thread isn't to discuss why, but instead when. When do you think he'll get off the bench and start making tackles?

knowing gibbs he'll start brunell at OLB over rocky.

rofl that is great. I hope Rocky starts soon. I have liked what I have seen of him from pre-season and his special teams play. We need some guys with heart to come in and play. Not some guys that are overpaid for underperforming.

We added a young spark to the offense, why not the defense? Oh I know! We wouldn't want to put Gregg William's ego and reputation to be the best defensive coordinator in the league on the line!

He would be the best defensive coordinator in the league if he saw that more changes need to be made. AA isn't the biggest problem we have. Granted, he can't cover that well but I would rather see him full speed trying to cover someone than see Rogers trotting behind someone. We need Montgomery/Golston up front asap. Getting the young guys ready to play should be a priority at this point...Which means Rocky should play too.

No, Rocky will not start. Warrick Holdman has been doing a wonderful job of getting trucked, dragged, blasted, cut, out-run, out-hustled, out-smarted, and of course pile-driven by every player who has had the pleasure of challenging him.

Rocky must really suck.

If a mod could close this thread that would be great. Somehow I double posted one with the poll and one without. Sorry guys!

Better idea. Merged 'em. :)

It is ****ing sad thinking that he is not even getting significant playing time. We have two second rounders invested in this guy. WTF is going on with this organization?

the worst thing about this is if he does start next season and do bad everybody will hate him and forget that our sorry coaching left him warming up the bench the entire season.

Hopefully the next 2 weeks but I have a feeling it will be next season instead. I don't understand how he could be less effective than Holdman. I guess when you are in the coaches' doghouse, you say for a while. So frustrating!!!

I was hoping he would be by now..I figured by midseason... I picked the faclons game..but as good as thier grand attack is with Vick, Dunn, and thier rookie(name escapes me at the moment) maybe not the best game to start. Though Rocky is fast sideline to sideline.

[He] needs more experience. McIntosh doesn’t have the best anticipation, but that’s something that can be taught.

McIntosh might be able to wow scouts with his workouts, but won’t be an immediate contributor in the NFL.

McIntosh is still raw and will need some coaching to harness all his athletic talent.

...[He]could really develop down the line.

I didn't see remember McIntosh too much during his college play, so I looked up his draft profiles, and they all had pretty much the same thing to say. He has great athleticism and potential, but needs some coaching and experience to get him up to an NFL level of play. Now, having read all those scouting and draft reports, though....I really hope they coach him up quick and get him in there. When you can have 43 tackles (23 solo, 8 for loss) in only SIX GAMES as during your freaking freshman year...that's talent. I really, really hope the coaches get him up to speed and in these last games.