Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ever had your colon cleansed ?

smashmowf

Which player-coach love affair is more detrimental?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which player-coach love affair is more detrimental?

• Gibbs to Brunell
    • Jordan to Ruffin

You want an easy colon cleanse? Eat fibre regularly. It's completely natural, healthy, and effectively does the same thing.

Of course, you can try some new fad... because we all know you love to be different.

Plums & apples... work like a charm :toilet:

You want an easy colon cleanse? Eat fibre regularly. It's completely natural, healthy, and effectively does the same thing.

Of course, you can try some new fad... because we all know you love to be different.

Seems like a valid suggestion, but my only worry is that if you load up on fibre every day wouldn't you be spending a lot of extra time on the toilet every single day - whereas, with a colon cleanse, it's just temporary.

I was just watching some program about how when Elvis died, he had 60 pounds of fecal matter in his intestines all blocked up. John Wayne had 40 pounds of fecal matter in his intestines when they did his autopsy. This is some crazy stuff. No-one wants to talk about it, but this is a growing problem with the majority of our population. And supposedly, if you get your colon cleansed, it purifies the rest of your body, and can heal many diseases. Can anyone attest to this ?

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp

• 3 weeks later...
And on a final note, GI doctors don't give you the medications to cleanse your colon because its 'good' for you. They do it only so that they can see the lining of your colon with their endoscope during a colonoscopy or an EGD. Its just a practical concern - you can't find ulcers or polyps or other abnormalities if the colon wall (not to be gross) is covered with stool. So they clean you out beforehand.

I believe TC4 has it right though - theres no real research showing that 'colon cleansing' has any true medical benefits.

I had it done twice for a colonostipy or whatever its called and im way to young for those.

I have done a cleanse once. It wasn't a ColonBlow type though. I'd be afraid that would kill someone.

I used an herbal supplement called Turkey-Rhubarb. It took a few months, but wow, it really made me feel a lot better. And I don't want to get gross, but you wouldn't believe the black stuff that came out after about 3 weeks. Nasty. :puke:

I have stopped taking it since my movements are regular now 2-3 times a day and I no longer feel perpetually bloated in the lower abdomen. :)

Archived