Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Christmas..

G-Prime

Should Fox news have paid ransom to a terrorist organization?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fox news have paid ransom to a terrorist organization?

I'm so friggen sick of people being scared to call the time around December 25th Christmas.. Especially in schools.. It's now Winter Break.. Give me a break, it's Christmas you *******s. When the Jewish people celebrate Rahshashana<sp>, society doesn't refer to it as another name, it's Rahshashana<sp> and it shouldn't be refered to as anything else.(Not attacking anyone who is Jewish or your religion, just citing as an example)..

I'm so sick of the double standard.. We don't want to hurt anyone elses feelings, what about my feelings and the feelings of those who believe what I believe in and celebrate Christmas passionately. It's been a part of American society for hundreds of years. I'm not saying America shouldn't change, it definately should, but it seems popular to step on tradition these days. Tradition is what spawns values and a sense of the past. Tradition is a good thing...FOR EVERYONE. ..

Now a town I've visited for 25 years since I was a small boy, has decided not to put up Christmas decorations on it's main street as it may offend people. Why should it offend people.. So what if it's called Christmas decorations for their 200th anual Christmas Celebration which is now referred to as Winter Celebration :doh: .. If you don't celebrate christmas can't you just look at the greens and reds, silver and golds and say "Wow that's pretty" or something?

Edit: BTW the only reason I visit the town is because when the towns folk decorate it, you've never seen anything so beautiful and moving in your life. Since I was 5 till last year it's always been a great experience, and now some jerk has taken that away from me and my family.

Even with me being Christian, Christmas has been turned into to much of a "blue light special" type of ordeal for me to even worry about it anymore. It lost it's true meaning when it became a merchant's cash-in.

You let other people determine the meaning of things for you?? Nice.. Don't blame the stores and the marketing for that. Yeah it's not a good thing but it doesn't make me not enjoy Christmas with my family.

me thinks the religious right has converted a few in their battle against society. . . :laugh:

I'm not overly religious. I go to church a few times a year. I cuss, I drink, I occationally toke up. All things us religious right enjoy doing... Oh damn I forgot I'm a die hard libertarian. ...

I'm not overly religious. I go to church a few times a year. I cuss, I drink, I occationally toke up. All things us religious right enjoy doing... Oh damn I forgot I'm a die hard libertarian. ...

Straw man from Chom...SHOCKER!! :laugh:

I would like to take this time to mention something that will be heard in a million different Christmas plays this year: "and let this news bring peace, joy, and good will towards men." Unfortunately when you watch even the elderly people fight over the last Tickle me Elmo or watch two grown men fight over a "great deal" on a 24 inch tv, and in the end the entire holiday is lost within the marketing of the day, you just give up. Not to mention the fact that the holiday in which we celebrate the birth of our lord and savior actually isn't the 25th...it kind of makes things less worthwhile. On top of all that I would also like to point out that while the birth of Jesus was great, I don't put to much reverance in that as opposed to Good Friday and Easter in which the entire of bible dwells that God cared so much for the people in the world that he gave his son to die for our sins and to rise again to win over death and Hell. I love Easter, and I love Good Friday, but the fact that merchants have over-taken a day in which people are mindless enough to believe is the actual birth of Christ; as well as to me being born doesn't really mean as much to me as someone willing to die for me because they love me. Well pardon if it makes me care less about the farse holiday.

If you care so much about the birth, maybe you should celebrate it more than just once a year, as I celebrate Christ giving his life all year round.

Peace. Love. Joy. Charity.

Even with me being Christian, Christmas has been turned into to much of a "blue light special" type of ordeal for me to even worry about it anymore. It lost it's true meaning when it became a merchant's cash-in.

I agree...they are putting Christmas crap up in the stores now weeks before Thanksgiving...its disgusting.

What is the meaning of Christmas? Where did the customs and traditions originate?

You, as a Christian, would want to worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth, discerning good from evil.

The truth is that all of the customs of Christmas pre-date the birth of Jesus Christ, and a study of this would reveal that

Christmas in our day is a collection of traditions and practices taken from many cultures and nations.

The date of December 25th comes from Rome and was a celebration of the Italic god, Saturn, and the rebirth of the sun god.

This was done long before the birth of Jesus.

It was noted by the pre-Christian Romans and other pagans, that daylight began to increase after December 22nd, when they assumed that the sun god died.

These ancients believed that the sun god rose from the dead three days later as the new-born and venerable sun.

Thus, they figured that to be the reason for increasing daylight.

This was a cause for much wild excitement and celebration. Gift giving and merriment filled the temples of ancient Rome, as sacred priests of Saturn, called dendrophori, carried wreaths of evergreen boughs in procession.

In Germany, the evergreen tree was used in worship and celebration of the yule god, also in observance of the resurrected sun god.

The evergreen tree was a symbol of the essence of life and was regarded as a phallic symbol in fertility worship.

Witches and other pagans regarded the red holly as a symbol of the menstrual blood of the queen of heaven, also known as Diana.

The holly wood was used by witches to make wands.

The white berries of mistletoe were believed by pagans to represent droplets of the semen of the sun god.

Both holly and mistletoe were hung in doorways of temples and homes to invoke powers of fertility in those who stood beneath and kissed, causing the spirits of the god and goddess to enter them.

These customs transcended the borders of Rome and Germany to the far reaches of the known world.

The question now arises: How did all of these customs find their way into contemporary Christianity, ranging from Catholicism to Protestantism to fundamentalist churches?

The word "Christmas"itself reveals who married paganism to Christianity.

The word "Christmas" is a combination of the words "Christ" and "Mass.

The word "Mass" means death and was coined originally by the Roman Catholic Church, and belongs exclusively to the church of Rome.

The ritual of the Mass involves the death of Christ, and the distribution of the "Host", a word taken from the Latin word "hostiall" meaning victim!

In short, Christmas is strictly a Roman Catholic word.

A simple study of the tactics of the Romish Church reveals that in every case, the church absorbed the customs, traditions and general paganism of every tribe, culture and nation in their efforts to increase the number of people under their control.

In short, the Romish church told all of these pagan cultures, "Bring your gods, goddesses, rituals and rites, and we will assign Christian sounding titles and names to them.

When Martin Luther started the reformation on October 31st, 1517, and other reformers followed his lead, all of them took with them the paganism that was so firmly imbedded in Rome.

These reformers left Christmas intact.

In England, as the authorized Bible became available to the common people by the decree of King James the II in 1611, people began to discover the pagan roots of Christmas, which are clearly revealed in Scripture.

The Puritans in England, and later in Massachusetts Colony, outlawed this holiday as witchcraft.

Near the end of the nineteenth century, when other Bible versions began to appear, there was a revival of the celebration of Christmas.

We are now seeing ever-increasing celebrating of Christmas or Yule, its true name, as we draw closer to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ!

In both witchcraft circles and contemporary Christian churches, the same things are going on.

As the Bible clearly states in Jeremiah 10:2-4, "Thus saith the Lord, learn not the way of the heathen; and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven. For the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain. For one cutteth a tree out of the forest. The work of the hands of the workman with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold. They fasten it with nails and with hammers that it move not."

So, what is wrong with Christmas?

1. To say that Jesus was born on December 25th is a lie! The true date is sometime in September according to the Scriptures.

2. Trees, wreaths, holly, mistletoe and the like are strictly forbidden as pagan and heathen! To say that these are Christian or that they can be made Christian is a lie!

3. The Lord never spoke of commemorating his birth but rather commanded us to remember the sacrifice of His suffering and death, which purchased our salvation.

Think about it! Can we worship and honor God by involving ourselves with customs and traditions, which God Himself forbade as idolatry? Can we convince God to somehow "Christianize" these customs and the whole pretense and lie of Christmas, so we can enjoy ourselves? Can we obey through disobedience? So what is right about Christmas? 1. Nothing!

dwbiggs, great research and all, however, as this has been known and is believed with faith my many worldwide to be Christmas, as in, the celebration of the birth of Jebus, let it be so. I'm not Christian, and I have heard about many origins of Christmas, but it's not meant to be in your face Christian propoganda, it's meant to be a holiday season, time for toys and time for cheer, etc.... The PC stuff annoys me as well.

Who the hell is arguing about when Jesus was born... Is Christmas celebrated on the 25th? Yes.. Does anyone have a solid date for when Jesus was born? No.. regardless of how solid they say it is.. So in my mind, a celebration of Jesus is essential.. Does it matter that it's the 25th? Nope If it was March 28th, I'd still celebrate it.

You guys that get bummed out and say Christmas is too commercial are full of S.. Yeah you see people fighting over a 50 dollar toy.. Trust me, they had issues before. I could care less how miserable some of you are that you would allow a group (yeah it's a large group) determine your enjoyment of a holiday. Let them be miserable.

I guarentee some of you hypocrits will be opening a present or two on December 25th. Even though as a few have explained, 25th is not the actualy day Jesus was born.

It's also funny dwbiggs

lol

Who the hell is arguing about when Jesus was born... Is Christmas celebrated on the 25th? Yes.. Does anyone have a solid date for when Jesus was born? No.. regardless of how solid they say it is.. So in my mind, a celebration of Jesus is essential.. Does it matter that it's the 25th? Nope If it was March 28th, I'd still celebrate it.

The winter solstice was celebrated throughout the world way before Christianity existed. Just because Jesus was conviently inserted into the celebration, does not mean that the holiday was originally about a celebration of Jesus. In fact that is pretty much a fraud. What is more secular than a celebration based on the rotation of the earth?

So if it has already been changed to include Jesus, why can't it be changed to exclude him? That would just get all of the Christians panties in a bunch. But then again, what is the point of talking about facts and reality. With religious people it is always about bs fairy tales that everyone pretty much knows are false, but they buy into them anyways.

Archived