RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

I'm actually a fan of the look but burgundy on burgundy will always bring back nightmares of the 2008 Steelers game that ended up being the game where it was obvious Zorn and his "hip hip hooray" mentality was way out of his element in the NFL.

The all-burgundy game that gets forgotten is the 2009 game in Dallas. The D played great and we led 6-0 all the way until the final 2-3 minutes before Romo beat us with a TD pass. Suisham (of course) missed two FGs that day!

 

829061000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bentskin said:

I know we all have our opinion and Bruce is the one calling the shots but... If we are going to go throwback at least do a a better job with what you have. 

The one helmet rule means the burgandies will not match, but it does not mean the logos cant match. Just put the spear on the helmet and keep the old school sleeve logo.

For a permanent update. I would take this uni, darken the helmet w/ oversized logo and use a spear on the sleeves. Probably make the pants match the numbers. 

 

Maybe something like this helmet wise, but with spears on the sleeves....

throwback-helmet1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The all-burgundy game that gets forgotten is the 2009 game in Dallas. The D played great and we led 6-0 all the way until the final 2-3 minutes before Romo beat us with a TD pass. Suisham (of course) missed two FGs that day!

 

829061000.jpg

Are you guys kidding me? Does anyone remember Zorn's idiotic 2 fake FG's in December 2009? That was the last time they were ever worn. Keep them buried

Edited by Yeen80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yeen80 said:

Are you guys kidding me? Does anyone remember Zorn's idiotic 2 fake FG's in December 2009? That was the last time they were ever worn. Keep them buried

No, I remember that one. It just seems like people ONLY mention the Steelers and Giants disasters (not that Dallas disaster). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

No, I remember that one. It just seems like people ONLY mention the Steelers and Giants disasters (not that Dallas disaster). 

I think that Dallas game gets a pass because at least we were competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if we used the old spear helmets with the current throwback jerseys and maybe made the pants and the face mask gold we might have a nice new uni.

waspos_zpsdxzwp6ud.jpg

I think the team is headed for a new era and deserves a new look to define it, but I'd prefer a simpler, classic look to some of the newer designs NFL teams have been getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep, I would just replace the current Indian head logo with the throwback one

Exactly. But why is this so difficult?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2016 at 3:38 PM, Yeen80 said:

Are you guys kidding me? Does anyone remember Zorn's idiotic 2 fake FG's in December 2009? That was the last time they were ever worn. Keep them buried

Man, do you know how many awful games that were played in white shirts & red pants over the years?? Or red shirts & yellow pants?? I can't say we shouldn't wear a uniform because of a couple lousy games years ago..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rumor is we'll wear yellow jerseys for thanksgiving day game. it won't be our color rush uniform though...any truth to this? also, any truth to the all burgundy for sunday night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

rumor is we'll wear yellow jerseys for thanksgiving day game. it won't be our color rush uniform though...any truth to this? also, any truth to the all burgundy for sunday night?

I've not heard anything about a yellow jersey, but there was a rumour of all gold uniform for the Cowboys game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2016 at 9:58 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep, I would just replace the current Indian head logo with the throwback one

The throwback one looks like a little kid drew it.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

I've not heard anything about a yellow jersey, but there was a rumour of all gold uniform for the Cowboys game. 

Yeah gold that's what I meant. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those throwback jerseys look damn near purple in some lighting. Please no. If we redesign the uniform it needs to be a modern redesign. As fan that has never experienced anything but suck and heartbreak with this team, can we please just let go of the past. 

I hate that we are wearing gold pants tonight to go against the Packers yellow pants too. That's just a dumb look. Should have worn burgundy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2016 at 7:39 AM, skinfan2k said:

They aren't wearing the gold ones this year.  Let's go traditional for thanksgiving and kick their ass

Thanksgiving will be white on burgundy. Dallas is going blue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.