Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Sometimes It Funny To See People Who Think The Have A New Idea......

I Still Find It Amusing That People Take The Extra Time To Capitalize The First Letter In Every Word In A Post When In English Class They Teach You To Not Do That, Plus It Is Taking Me Three Times Longer To Type This Response Because I Am Capitalizing The First Letter Of Each Post. :laugh:

I'd actually like to see another uniform design. I actually remember on Channel nine in D.C. where here was an artist had drawn some nice suggestions. Doesn't look like that would happen though, so Burgundy on Burgundy would at least be a switch up. I'm actually surprised Snyder hasn't tried a new uniform design change. The way he likes to make money and all.

First off, anyone suggesting we go to more black is crazy. That's like the "new" thing for teams in all sports to do. They think it's intimidating like the old Raiders. Hasn't done the Raiders any good in quite a while.

Also, I hate to watch teams with Black on Black or Green on Green jerseys and pants. I think it looks putrid. And the worst? Those damn black pants with no stripes on the side. The one's worn by the Saints, Jags and Falcons. They look like they're wearing girls leotards. They look Ghey and stupid.

First off, anyone suggesting we go to more black is crazy. That's like the "new" thing for teams in all sports to do. They think it's intimidating like the old Raiders. Hasn't done the Raiders any good in quite a while.

Also, I hate to watch teams with Black on Black or Green on Green jerseys and pants. I think it looks putrid. And the worst? Those damn black pants with no stripes on the side. The one's worn by the Saints, Jags and Falcons. They look like they're wearing girls loetards. They look Ghey and stupid.

relax it was just a suggestion

Keep the white jerseys with the burgundy pants. Burgundy on burgundy would look like a high school team. I don't like any of these uniforms that go same color jerseys and pants.

As far as "why" Gibbs always went with white jerseys....it was because of the bad shadows at RFK.....receivers would get lost in the shadows. Gibbs realized this and made the switch to white jerseys.....its simply easier for qbs to see the

receivers downfield when they have white jerseys. We have worn white under Gibbs and Turner....Before Gibbs we always wore burgundy jerseys.

Plus, the white jerseys will always be tied to our 3 super bowls......

I honestly wouldn't mind a switch back to the old yellow pants and gray facemasks. It'd probably need a little updating but those circa 1972 unis were nice, IMO.

As for the spear, no. I don't see it coming back. Like Veretax said, the spear means Spurrier, so it's kind of a no-go.

I know this has been talked about a number of times on this forum, but I would like to see a tweak to the unis. Maybe the current helmet decal :logo: with the same color of helmet used with the spear. Along with using the 70th Anniv. color of jersey with the current design. And dark jerseys at home just to distance the team from Joe Gibbs. And I say that as a compliment to Joe. He will always be the best coach the franchise has ever had and I think it is time to start some new traditions. IMO