RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

Give Coach Zorn some slack on this one. He's an outsider. Which is a good thing.

Hey coach. Are you going with Campbell next year? Don't you think he needs a quicker release for the WCO?

Guest Spearfeather
I think the team should change to the darks at home. To me, the "home whites" were a Joe Gibbs thing and they somewhat defined our golden age of success in the 1980s and early 1990s.

I think they should stay unique to him and we should sport the darks at home (maybe with gold pants??) like we did when Marty came in to coach.

Completely agree.

I really disliked these especially the FSU helmets.

Just so you know, Florida State started using the helmet with the spear in 1976. The Redskins had the spear logo helmet from 1965-1969. It was the Seminoles who adopted the design from the Redskins, and not vice versa.

hahaah this idiot Zorn has been in the league coaching for what 15 years? And he didn't know the Redskins were Burgandy and Gold. How many times have we played the seahawks? This guy is green he is being led to the Slaughter by vinny and danny.

Coach Zorn was commenting on how his son was decked out in redskins gear and just absent mindedly stated out loud what colour his sons sweatshirt was. Thats why he said maroon, black and yellow.

This is not a consiracy to change anything, just a guy who said the wrong thing by accident. I am going on record as a Zorn supporter, so besides that fact that some folks wont even give him the slightest chance to succeed (Remember when he said "I have done nothing to earn your respect yet"?), a mistaken refence to colour does not make him an idiot.

Hid didnt know. I bet he does now. So sell your tickets and picket redskins park and call Coacj Zorn an idiot. I'd rather wish him good luck and continue being a skins fan and not a little hen.

Coach Zorn was commenting on how his son was decked out in redskins gear and just absent mindedly stated out loud what colour his sons sweatshirt was. Thats why he said maroon, black and yellow.

This is not a consiracy to change anything, just a guy who said the wrong thing by accident. I am going on record as a Zorn supporter, so besides that fact that some folks wont even give him the slightest chance to succeed (Remember when he said "I have done nothing to earn your respect yet"?), a mistaken refence to colour does not make him an idiot.

Hid didnt know. I bet he does now. So sell your tickets and picket redskins park and call Coacj Zorn an idiot. I'd rather wish him good luck and continue being a skins fan and not a little hen.

I say we hang'im!

Burgandy tops burgandy bottoms for home games

I agree. This would look sweet. Why don't they ever wear it?

Personally, I like the white jersey with burgundy pants at home. As we know, most NFL teams wear dark jerseys at home with light pants. We know that white at home was a "Gibbs thing".

Now that Zorn is our coach, do you think we will join the majority of the league and wear dark jerseys at home?

do you want us to join the rest of the league with this tradition?

I hope we do dark jerseys at home. The white uni's at home were a Joe Gibbs thing. Since he isn't here anymore I think it's time to move on. Plus, I heard somewhere that it was Joe's decision to make the jerseys white, not the players. The players wanted the dark jerseys. I bet Zorn lets the players pick.

I wish we would go back to our traditional home uniforms that George Allen used, which were burgundy shirts and gold or white pants. The Redskins rarely play in these uniforms anymore, except when we play in Dallas.

The white uniforms were a Joe Gibbs thing, but he is gone now.

Don't think JZ cares about the uniforms right now. Perhaps Dan already has a 76th anniversary (why wait every five years?) jersey in the works...

I'd rather have burgundy home jerseys. As mentioned, Gibbs wanted white at home, but I think it's time we return to burgundy for home with a new regime and all.