• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      The Bill Callahan era began here at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami. For the first quarter it was really,really bad football being played by both teams. 
      The Redskins were determined to establish the Run game. The First Quarter all they established was that they still couldn’t run. Or pass. Or do much of anything. 

It wasn’t until the 2nd Quarter that Peterson was able to start ripping the worst Run D in the League for chunks of 18 & 24 yards. The Skins managed to score a TD with a 25 yard pass to Scary Terry McLaurin. 

The Dolphins would open the Second Half only managing five plays before the Redskins would get the ball punted back to them. They would run a balanced run/pass attack of six plays for 70 yards in 1:25 ending in McLaurin’s second touchdown of the day. The Defense would then get a turnover allowing the Offense to get to Field Goal range and add another 3 points to make the score 17-3. 

To open the Fourth Quarter, Hopkins would miss a 55 yard Field Goal, leaving the score at 17-3.  After being sacked five times, the Dolphins would pull their own switcharoo at QB and go to Ryan “Neckbeard” Fitzpatrick which resulted in a touchdown drive for them, making it 17-10. They went for & recovered the Onside Kick. They also managed to not score any points after that. The Dolphins would find theirselves with ball at the 2:00 Warning. Fitzpatrick would take them on a 9 play 75 yard touchdown drive with six seconds remaining on the clock. Miami went for the win with the 2 Point Conversion and failed. The Redskins would recover the onside kick by Miami and Keenum took a knee to get the Redskins their first win of the season. 
RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

tweak them. Go back to something more like we wore in the 70's but with a more modern look. Go back to the old gray face masks and put stripes on the socks again.

I like this uni. It would be even better w/ our current burgundy helmet though.

portis_rhelmet.jpg

i love this deisgn

just put the face on the helmet instead of the R and wear this home then flip flop the colors on everything even the helmet for away

The sickest look would be a throwback to the 70's era unis. Gold pants all the time. Our two most recent throwbacks illustrate the color scheme I'm getting at. The 70th anny. "spear" unis were nice, but their lack of the current logo was a little disheartening, plus the spear helmets minus the vertical tri-stripe were a bit plain. This past year's were sooooo sick, but perhaps a bit too much yellow. Use those 2 basic schemes, use the current helmet, but with a gray facemask. The Colts did that a few years back (went from blue facemasks to gray), and I think it really sets off a classic uni design like ours. Old school is the ONLY way to go.

PS... Maybe i'd be a little more down with the "spear" unis if they didn't unearth memories of Danny Awful and the 'ol Ball Coach that I've tried very hard to repress.

That's one reason to wear them at least once next year.

MR. SNYDER, THINK ABOUT IT!

Our team colors are burgundy and gold, not black, burgundy and gold!.....:doh:

Not to quibble, but other than the 70th anniversary unis, when have we ever had gold as our color?

The current uniforms, in all their slight color variations since 1978, have always been dark reddish and some form of yellow.

The George Allen era unis, were always burgundy and yellow.

IMO, the Saints have gold in their color palette, not us. When/where is this "gold" everyone talks about?

portis_rhelmet.jpg

:applause: Nice! I agree, I'd like it with the current helmet though, but nice job.

what i really liked was the 70th anniversary uni we used. i like that color, the darker color is nice

I liked the 75th better, but I loved the helmet that came with the 70th.

portis_rhelmet.jpg

When did we ever wear this uniform? Is that a preseason game or a Photoshop job?

I personally like the uni's, and liked the burgandy sock look. I prefer the current helmet, but would accept the R version if there was a switch. Wouldnt mind seeing the burgandy tops with mustard pants and the current helmet. Hell All burgandy wouldnt be a bad look. One things for sure. Gibbs liked the the Whites with burgandy pants. There may be room for change here, or maybe out of respect, Snyder says done toy with it, and I'd be fine with it. LETS GO WIN ANOTHER LOMBARDI, then they can wear whatever we want!

When did we ever wear this uniform? Is that a preseason game or a Photoshop job?

it's a photoshop from when people were speculating what our anniversary uni's would look like this year.

Though it was cool to see something new this year, even for just one game, I love our current uniforms. If a change is to be made, I'd like to keep our current uni configuration and just substitute the dark red and yellow for true burgundy and gold. :2cents:

I hafta disagree with that part ... for one reason.

By wearing white at home, it means the Cowgirls hafta wear their dark jerseys here ... and we all know that's not their preference. And I like us having the power to make them do something they don't want to. :silly:

I say we go to burgandies at home, for every game except the cowgirls, and for that one, out of respect for Joe. WE WEAR THE WHITES!

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I just think modification to the uniforms needs to be done. Change it up...like burgundy jerseys and burgundy pants at home, and white on white on the road.

The only good thing about the 2006 season was the retirement of the tighty-whitee look! I hated it.

tweak them. Go back to something more like we wore in the 70's but with a more modern look. Go back to the old gray face masks and put stripes on the socks again.

gray?...ewww

I like the current...However, as long as we keep having winning season and playoff berths, I don't care what they wear! As long as it doesn't look like those Eagles' throwbacks...That was the ugliest design/color scheme I have ever seen

If we keep the current unis, how about thinner stripes on the pants? The wide stripes are so 80's. Gold-white-gold on the burgundy, and burgundy-gold-burgundy on the whites.