RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

Guest Spearfeather

I think the "indian head " helmets would look great with the throwbacks. I like the gray facemask, neutral color, so the other colors stand out. Only other real option would be burgandy and I dont think that would look very good at all.

Also, I always hear people say the white at home is a Joe Gibbs thing, but I've heard before that the change to white at home, which came during gibbs first season I believe, was on the advice of Bobby Beathard, but I never heard why. I've also heard Gibbs say recently (during the white on white's ) that it's mostly up to the players.

I don't mind seeing a change as we've basiclly had the same uniforms since 1979, not to mention an overload of the white uniforms since we always wear them at home (minus Schottenheimer). Personally I'm looking for a change to the 1970's uniform. Burgandy at home.

I really hope they wear them more than once...they are FAR and AWAY the best throwbacks out there this year...

The Eagles and Jets' throwbacks were horrible.

Man it irritates me when people say our spear helmet looks like Florida State. They imitated OUR helmets, not the other way around. When the Skins retired the spear helmets, this is what FSU was wearing. OUR spear helmets came first, by far:

I love it when people bring facts and visual evidence to an argument. This is a slam dunk.

We didn't steal from Florida State. Florida State stole from US!

I'm pretty sure the NFL rule is that teams are allowed to wear alternate uniforms up to two times per season. That would leave us one more chance for the throwbacks. Our 75th throwbacks are handsdown the best ones this year. I like them much better then the ugly 70th ones from 5 years ago.

In Madden '08 the only uni options other than the current look are the ones with the spear helmet, and the plain burgundy helmet; nothing like what the Skins wore against the Giants.

Not true... they have the throwbacks we wore this year. The weird thing was that the yellow helmet did not have the R logo on it

I wouldn't mind seein' them again either, but if we're only wearing them twice I'd rather save them for Dallas.

I was thinking the same thing

thought I heard we were gonna have them on for the Bears game. makes some sence considering they are another team thats been around for a long time. throw in that its on a Thusday night on NFL Network , mabee we'll get t see them again

Not true... they have the throwbacks we wore this year. The weird thing was that the yellow helmet did not have the R logo on it

I only have the 360 version (which those uni's aren't in), so that's my bad.

I Challenge the Art's...TK's...Blondies...Tarhogs...The Big Suits of this board...to get this information to the front office of the Redskins...Redskin Nation needs a lift...some luck...we want ALL BURGUNDY next week...some new karma...make it happen...see how many posts we can drum up!!!

Bad idea, IMO. The game will be challenging enough as it is, why bring on more distraction and potential mockery by dressing in all burgundy?

LOL now we have to hope we get some luck to win against a all out Dallas O... Dont get your hopes up, our Skins will lay down and roll over like a dead animal come game time.

Hey, since it's in Dallas we are most likey going to be wearing the Burgundy tops. Remember the last time we wore those? We beat an East Rival in their house (@Eagles Week 2). Maybe it already is good karma. :D