Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I almost feel guilty starting a new thread. There's too many as it is. But I don't see a thread on this. Yet.

September 19, 2005. Texas Stadium. Cowboys come out of the tunnel with their classic uniforms of old. They take an early 13 point lead. Then allow one of the most emotionally devastating come-backs in Dallas history. And against a division rival to boot. Final Score, Washington 14, Dallas 13.

September 23, 2007. FedExField. Redskins come out wearing their old classic uniforms of old. ....and you know what happened.

I don't care how good they look, I hope we never wear these uniforms again. And I bet we don't. Bad omen.

Retire the helmets. Retire the jerseys. Retire the pants. And no, I won't be picking up a 75th anniverary game jersey at the tent sale.

Thank-you.

I hate those uniforms anyway, and since you brought it up I'll *****.

Of ALL the uniforms they could have used, they picked the absolute WORST.

We wore those ugly things for 2 years out of 75.

They were Lombardi's attempt to turn us into his Packers, and get this... VINCE LOMBARDI is BARELY part of our heritage. He coached here one year. And that is all he should be remembered for around here. Honoring him (a Packer) as a big part of our rich history is akin to the Jets calling Giants Stadium home.

I think it was channel 9 who used promos over the summer with Lombardi shown as one of the Great Redskins coaches".. and now to use these awful uniforms as our throwbacks?

Ugh.

I'm glad it's over.

~Bang

Well at least we finally got to the root of all the problems yesterday.

Absolutely

In looking over the threads filled to the brim with over-reacting ninnies, I don't see how it's any less valid.

At least "throw the uniforms away" makes more sense than "Kill the Coach", "Fire this guy", "Fire that guy", "Our season is over", "waaah waaaah" etc etc

>edit< see directly above

~Bang

I'm sorry, but I thought those uniforms looked cool. It was different than what we've been wearing for almost 30 years and I just thought they were a real nice touch. I especially liked the helmet. Frankly, it wouldn't kill me to see us go with them full time.

Sufferin succatash............ I'm not stuper-sticous kinda bird, and have always felt that it's the man that makes the uniform. The men lets us down yesterday, making the uniform look down right bad. Had we won, I doubt people wouldn't mind those throw backs all that much.

Those were the uniform that we wore when I first started rooting for the team, and while not the greatest lookin, I can deal with them for nothing more then sentemental reasons.

Now, where's my Ouji Board. Gotts get some insight on the lions game ;)

In late 2000, Snyder sent playoff invoices out because we had a shot. Season ticket holders had to send their money in in early December in anticipation of hosting a playoff game. We didn't.

In late 2005, Snyder was ready to send out the post season invoices. Gibbs said no. It's a bad omen. So Snyder relented.

Hey I'm not superstitious either. And I agree it's the man, not the uniform. And I think those uniforms are the prettiest in the league. And I agree there are more important things to worry about.

Having said that, I don't want to see that uniform on a Redskin player again.

Actually, yesterday, there was only ONE person to blame.

Al Saunders? Could've done better, but not really.

Coach Gibbs? Bless his heart, he needs to work on clock management for Pete's sake he's a HOF'er, give him a break.

Campbell? He made a few young QB mistakes, but I thought he played well.

Betts? Yes, he lost 2 yards on 4th and goal from the 1. I think he is usually an overachiever, this time it didn't work.

Nope, there's only one person to blame:

ME.

You see, I've been struggling all week about which jersey to wear to the game. I wore my Sean Taylor home white authentic to the Fins game (W) and to a MNF party vs the Eagles (W). I didn't want to break the karma, but when the sporty Campbell authentic 75th showed up on Thursday, and with the reminder from Pez to wear your throwback to the Giants game, what could I do?

So to all of ES and Redskins Nation, I humbly apologize. I have let you all down.

Oh, and Mark Eff'n Brunell, too. It's his fault, too, but everybody knew that.

I'm sorry, but I thought those uniforms looked cool. It was different than what we've been wearing for almost 30 years and I just thought they were a real nice touch. I especially liked the helmet. Frankly, it wouldn't kill me to see us go with them full time.

The pants and socks were gorgeous......I'd like to see us go back to those pants full time. I was disappointed back in the early 80's when we went to the white pants.....I enjoyed watching the Skins play in the yellow throwbacks.