Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!
Forgive me if this has already been corrected, I didn't read the whole thread. Allen's SB team did not wear the script R. They wore a helmet similar to today's helmet.

Carry on.

I'm leaning towards a permanent uniform change featuring the Redskin original colors.... deep burgundy & GOLD. The current helmets are fine.. but I'd like to see the pants go back to the gold like in 70's anniversary uniforms (even those exactly if they like) and a more classic and reserved deep burgundy / classic white jersey opposite the gold pants.

As for the R helmet... I think that's going to be a nice touch for a couple of teams... especially honoring Lombardi on the anniversary..... but I don't care for a permanent switch to that style.

:applause: I'm still waiting for someone to Photoshop the current uni and helmet in a deeper burgundy and true gold (not ketchup and yellow mustard)

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth, I was in the Short Pump (Richmond, VA) Redskins store and the manager told me that they didn't see rolling out the Anniversary uniform until right before the start of the NFL season. He said that they were told at a meeting that the Skins petitioned the NFL to wear the jerseys three times during the NFL season instead of once in the preseason and twice during the regular season. I believe they won that appeal. The only confirmation he gave was that they did reveal the yellow, scripted "R" helmet would be used. The jersey, trunks, and socks are still top secret.

Hope that helps.

Thats 100....now give me a new AVATAR.
Dude im 1 away from 100 too!

FYI, no one looks at your post count.... or avatar. Most people will read the replies... and if they see a reply that's worthwhile... they might look at the username to attribute the quality of the content of the post to a name.

Right now, given the quantity of your posts... and the quality I've seen..... it really doesn't matter what picture you have under your username.

Gimme the all-whites with a muddy field. White is the first to show dirt, mud, the game. the only thing missing is some kind of white helmet to top it off--maybe just a simple spear with no stripes! get some mud and grass stuck in it and hangin out during your first series and we're all set to kick some colorful, nifty designs-fancy-pants @55!

get some mud and grass stuck in it and hangin out during your first series and we're all set to kick some colorful, nifty designs-fancy-pants @55!

Sorry to say this but if my teams QB looked like this after one series I would SERIOUSLY start to worry.

For the record I quite like the Burgundy pants and white tops idea.

FYI, no one looks at your post count.... or avatar. Most people will read the replies... and if they see a reply that's worthwhile... they might look at the username to attribute the quality of the content of the post to a name.

Right now, given the quantity of your posts... and the quality I've seen..... it really doesn't matter what picture you have under your username.

:applause:

Why the hell am I not at 900 yet??? :mad:

oh snap! you just got owned.

now, on a completely related subject....with all the discussion about the uniforms, i think some thought has to go into what the players feel comfortable with. i mean as fans we can all have our favorite uniforms and some of the older guys will want the burg colors and some of the younger guys will want the whites, but some of these players like to feel comfortable in what they are wearing too. i know it's not about the uniform, but it sort of is about comfort. i mean portis and taylor were willing to take fines just to be comfortable in their uniforms.

I'm with you on that!! :cheers:

We started losing last year with the all whites.

Gimme the all-whites with a muddy field. White is the first to show dirt, mud, the game. the only thing missing is some kind of white helmet to top it off--maybe just a simple spear with no stripes! get some mud and grass stuck in it and hangin out during your first series and we're all set to kick some colorful, nifty designs-fancy-pants @55!

We're not Penn State

LOL...your such a jackass...what makes you think I give a damn about your opinion.

Just a reminder....you're CANADIAN....I was born smarter than you.

LOL...your such a jackass...what makes you think I give a damn about your opinion.

Diehard is one of the most respected members of this board and your response just makes his point for him.

BTW now is not the time to be making snide remarks about not being American. If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention. :mad:

Diehard is one of the most respected members of this board and your response just makes his point for him.

BTW now is not the time to be making snide remarks about not being American. If you are not outraged, you are not paying attention. :mad:

Tell it to someone who cares. If he feels he can insult anyone he wants...then he's open game. I don't care who you are, cause you don't care who I am. Fair?

IF you're so smart, then why'd the Canadian start this board from nothing & have it become what he envisioned it to be. Namely the official board of the Redskins. Surely a 'smart' guy like you would have done this way before him.

Well crap.

Go to work.

Come home.

Men ***** on a thread about how the REDSKINS should dress???????

WOW.

:whoknows: