Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I thought Gibbs let the players decide on the jerseys and that stuff...

I would hope the players were focused on other things - you know the plays and the game plan etc - and left the thinking about uniforms and colour combinations to the equipment and marketing guys.

I LOVE the current helmet and I'm a white tops and burgundy pants man myself .......

You young whipper-snappers have to understand the Redskins of the 50s & 60s were really really bad teams. Add the Cardinals to the Lions and that would be just half as bad as the Redskins were. The Redskins defense then consisted of Sam Huff and ten other guys.

Vince Lombardi turned the Packers, who were a really really bad team, into a power-house. The Redskins hired Lombardi to make them Packer-like, inside and out. Fans WANTED the Redskins to be like the Packers. They wanted Packer players on the team. They wanted to LOOK like the Packers. At the time, the circle R helmet was well received. Lombardi put the team on the right track before he died.

I think a throwback helmet should use one of the Indian-heritage logoes. Why pass up a chance to offend the anti-redskins crowd?

I'm fully aware of the Redskins past in the 50's and 60's even though I wasn't really around to see it. My mom is a big fan and she used to tell me about the 50's. Alot of exciting teams, but terrible record wise. Yeah, I think one year we went 1-12-1 with our only win and tie against Dallass. I appreciate the year Lombardi was here because he changed the outlook of the franchise as a whole and we were lucky Allen, Pardee, Gibbs were able to carry it on.

I LOVE the fact that we are apparently planning to don the Gold 'R' helmet. I'm fairly young but have always loved these helmets. The reason I support the gold helmets is beacause it is our 75th anniversary, so they should b kinda simplistic, nostalgic of earlier years and times. Obviously, an 'R' on the helmet is less complicated than the detailed profile of an indian. I think we should wear these helmets for about four games or so.

Also, we need to wear BURGUNDY shirts and not white. Reason for saying this is that WE NEVER WEAR OUR BURGUNDY tops. I love the burgandy helmet, white tops look but I think we look badass for the two weeks or so that we usually wear them. Maybe a classic looking redesign of an old stripe scheme and make it mostly burgundy. The burgundy top with those old school helmets and we will look hard. And complete that with gold pants and black cleats. Let's go!! I have a feeling that Clinton Portis had or will have a huge voice in this, and we know from the way he dresses that he likes bold colors and to switch things up so I hope we end up with the look described above.

For the record, I think we have the most badass helmets in the league, and do not want them changed but feel we should celebrate our longevity for a temporary new look. But we do need to wear burgandy tops more. JMO

I have a feeling that Clinton Portis had or will have a huge voice in this, and we know from the way he dresses that he likes bold colors and to switch things up so I hope we end up with the look described above.

Don't worry rumour is from a pretty good source is Portis and the team have already added some input and the old timers are not going to like it :laugh:

_E7T1106PG.jpg

Don't worry rumour is from a pretty good source is Portis and the team have already added some input and the old timers are not going to like it :laugh:

_E7T1106PG.jpg

Yep, if you meant the socks......THEY ARE IN!!!!! It will be a crazy look but if it makes the players (especially Portis and Taylor) happy and winning, I'm all for it.

it better not turn into some all yellow monstrosity. that's the only thing i can imagine that would be worse then the all white look.

until Joe Gibbs came to us the unis were burgandy and GOLD... It would be nice to see gold on the field and not only on paper. the gold helmet is from vince lombardy based on the packers helmet. i think the late 60's uni,burgandy helmet with the spears on it,burg. jerseys,gold pants. that my friends is old school Redskins

Went to the stadium store to speak with the marketing manager about a t-shirt design that a freind and I had come up with. During the conversation I asked, are we doing anything special in regaurds to a 75th ann. uniform this year. I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

Wonder if the Fins will wear their 72-73 jerseys.... a Super Bowl 7 deja vu?

Best uniform ever IMO ... they should permanentize the Helemt design ... gets rid of the alleged "racist" component IMO.

I'd have to second that thought. Those uniforms+ George Allen= CLASSIC! Personally, I would not mind if they wore those uniforms, then the ones form the 60's (arrow on helmet) as well. But the 70's unform is what I'll always remember...the helmet is indeed a CLASSIC...and it should quell the IDIOTS who are bashing the racist Redskins....at least somewhat!!!

FS

I like the uniform, but I don't like the helmet. The current helmet is better.

Well of course not. You weren't even BORN YET when they wore those P-e-r-f-e-c-t uniforms...Sorry, it's a CLASSIC uniform during a CLASSIC ERA with a CLASSIC Coach (GAllen)...but alas, your mama didn't even have you as a thought then...just sit back and enjoy the nostalga...you'll be able to tell your grandkids about this season....

I have 3-4 games on DVD from 1978 and we were wearing the yellow pants

Thanks. I was trying to picture in my mind Theismann running out of the endzone for the safety against Dallas and I was going either way.

Then I started looking at '79 football cards, which typically have the prior season's pics, at the latest, and was seeing gold and started to think the change was made for '79.

I'm leaning towards a permanent uniform change featuring the Redskin original colors.... deep burgundy & GOLD. The current helmets are fine.. but I'd like to see the pants go back to the gold like in 70's anniversary uniforms (even those exactly if they like) and a more classic and reserved deep burgundy / classic white jersey opposite the gold pants.

As for the R helmet... I think that's going to be a nice touch for a couple of teams... especially honoring Lombardi on the anniversary..... but I don't care for a permanent switch to that style.

Guest Spearfeather
From what I understand the NFL only allows teams to wear alternate jerseys 4 games a year.

Only two, I think.