RSkinsFan

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

lol, between the 70th anni unis, the regular burgundy and regular white, my throwbacks, and now this one, theres too many choices!

Best uniform ever IMO ... they should permanentize the Helemt design ... gets rid of the alleged "racist" component IMO.

I think we are going to wear them only at home and only for about half of the games. Very similar to what we did with the 70th anniversary unis.

Definitely will be a nice change of pace and I really like the script R on the helmet.

If so, it would make sense that we are playing the dolphins first, since we played them in the superbowl.

then again, the dolphins beat us, so maybe it makes bad sense...?

thanks for the positive spin.

Went to the stadium store to speak with the marketing manager about a t-shirt design that a freind and I had come up with. During the conversation I asked, are we doing anything special in regaurds to a 75th ann. uniform this year. I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

Now, if they would change the present uniform with something more contemporary than the Joe Gibbs era burgundy and white. I don't like that color combination at all.

We are burgundy and gold. :cheers:

Went to the stadium store to speak with the marketing manager about a t-shirt design that a freind and I had come up with. During the conversation I asked, are we doing anything special in regaurds to a 75th ann. uniform this year. I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

I heard the same thing this past weekend when I was in one of the Redskin stores here in Richmond. Guy told me 1st game for sure, but didn't know about any games after that. I asked him if there was any plan to bring back the 70th anniv uni, and he said "No" because he heard Gibbs hates that helmet design.

Interesting if true but who knows? Probably 12th hand info.

I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

Not to be anal but those uniforms were used in 1970-71. 1972 was our first year with the indian head on the side.

Oh thats gonna be so awesome, gold helmet, burgundy jersey & gold pants. Time to bring the BURGUNDY & GOLD back in the jersey repertoire. I LOVE GOLD!!!

I heard the same thing this past weekend when I was in one of the Redskin stores here in Richmond. Guy told me 1st game for sure, but didn't know about any games after that. I asked him if there was any plan to bring back the 70th anniv uni, and he said "No" because he heard Gibbs hates that helmet design.

Interesting if true but who knows? Probably 12th hand info.

I thought Gibbs let the players decide on the jerseys and that stuff...

Not to be anal but those uniforms were used in 1970-71. 1972 was our first year with the indian head on the side.

From what I understood the uniforms will be modled after the 72-73 team and the helmet will be the scripted R

Don't take the Gibbs name in vain!! :laugh:

Hahahaha, nice one.

I think I'll have to buy one of these Jerseys, don't know what player, I def am going to get one of the old guys, I have Cooley, time for old school.

Will they cost anymore you think?

pic from draft day party

IB1P9879PG.jpg

Those are white jerseys... and you know Gibbs wants to wear white at home.

I wouldn't bank on burgundy.

Thank you!

Also, I've seen the "R" helmet on websites being sold as a 75th anniversary helmet, not a throwback. I do hope the they do the whole uniform and not some updated retro crap.

So in other words it would look something like this?

LbrownWas.jpg

Im down with this look, it sure as hell beats the white on white

Definitely a nice look. I'd like to see just a little bit of a change to the "R" though.

my guess would be a jersey like this with a helmet like this, with the yellow pants

From what I have heard, it will be the white shirts though...

Awwww for the love of Gibbs. :silly:

Gibbs dammit!! :laugh: